• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Pit Boss Beer Thread

good "entry-level" craft beer that bridges the gap from the bud lights to the more snobby brews.

I enjoy it, very drinkable and not too pricey.

Anyone else like the fat tire amber ale?

They had that on draft at the Music City Bowl, IIRC. It is pretty good, and a solid drinker that is starting to be on a lot of restaurant menus.

New Belgium has a couple of good beers, I like their Trippel and the Ranger IPA, too.

Townie - just another reason why Colorado is probably one of the, if not the, best states.

The Pearl Jam one is basically impossible to find, I did try and look for it back in November and basically everyone laughed me out of the store. I think they only released 1000 bottles someone said

New Belgium makes 1554, right? That's my favorite brew they make, easy. And Colorado is a great choice for best beer state. Hilarious how much better they are than their surrounding states, especially Utah and their absurd laws.

New Belgium makes 1554, right? That's my favorite brew they make, easy. And Colorado is a great choice for best beer state. Hilarious how much better they are than their surrounding states, especially Utah and their absurd laws.

Colorado grocers can only sell 3.2% beer. Liquor stores have the goods, though.

I tried out the NoDa Hop, Drop, & Roll IPA this weekend. It was on draft at VGBG. Easily the best of the Charlotte brews. I haven't tried anything else from this brewery, but I'll go out of my way to now.

NoDa Ryez'd is a solid double...and available in growlers. The hops in Hop, Drop and Roll are 4-5 times normal market price right now, so they aren't offering it by growler unfortunately.

They've been killing their weekly series. They tap a new experiment batch every Tuesday night. I go whenever I can.

Last edited:
fat tire is about as overrated as it gets

disagree. I don't think that many people think it is a great beer. I enjoy it because it is pretty good, cheap, highly drinkable, and readily available.

it's as good as a budweiser but priced like sierra nevada

it's as good as a budweiser but priced like sierra nevada

Its better than the red snapper, but, agreed, it is an entry level craft beer. It is for the folks who are looking to migrate to a different type of beer drinking. I think of it as Blue Moon for the amber ale and non-fruit drinkers.

Its better than the red snapper, but, agreed, it is an entry level craft beer. It is for the folks who are looking to migrate to a different type of beer drinking. I think of it as Blue Moon for the amber ale and non-fruit drinkers.

blue moon is a great comparison

What separates Fat Tire from other craft amber ales is it's biscuit malt flavor. IMO it's best served on draught. Not the greatest amber, but a unique one.

DF2009, they are out of Hopslam! I bought 1 6 pack because I didn't want to break the bank on a bunch of them. Went back today and they were all gone.

I talked to a guy at the Party Source and he said that they should have shipments in by Feb 1st.

Back