• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Pit Boss Beer Thread

CHOOOO CHOOOOOOO!!! All aboard!!

coors-light-train.jpg

Enjoying some of these tonight while I throw down some harissa chicken on the grill:

hop_ottin_avbc0311.jpg

Did Sierra start bottling in Asheville yet? Are 11.99 12 packs at the Hairy Teet here to stay?

Did Sierra start bottling in Asheville yet? Are 11.99 12 packs at the Hairy Teet here to stay?

The beer camp stop was in Denver tonight. I think they are doing the official opening once the tour gets Asheville. So my guess is it is not open yet. This is pure drunk speculation as I am lit.

If anyone's in the Morehead City/Beaufort/Atlantic Beach/Emerald Isle are over the summer, we found a new brew pub this weekend on Arendell St. in Morehead called Tight Lines. Really good line up of craft beers on tap including a bunch of NC beers. They plan to roll out their own brews eventually. I hope they last long enough to try them.

I'm getting Great American Beer Festival tickets on Tuesday. I am so stoked. Anyone else planning on making the trip to Denver?

I enjoy sours, but La Folie is just a little too much for me. Tastes like I'm drinking a Warhead. Much prefer the Anderson Valley or several of the Wicked Weed sours, especially the black cherry.

On a similar subject, inspired by something I saw on Reddit, I've been considering using a french press to press some raspberries with some Westbrook Gose. The sweet and the salty seems like it would be insanely good. Anyone tried anything similar with a french press or Randall Jr.?

how was the AV IPA? i've not seen it in my grocery - i'll make a point to find it if it's worth trying

Just snagged two tickets to the member only session of the Great American Beer Festival. I fucking love living in Denver.

how was the AV IPA? i've not seen it in my grocery - i'll make a point to find it if it's worth trying

I really enjoyed it. It's right in the spectrum of IPAs that I really enjoy (i.e., Lagunitas, Harpoon).

yeah its a typical cali ipa. i tend to get it a fair amount because of the cans.

Just snagged two tickets to the member only session of the Great American Beer Festival. I fucking love living in Denver.

Considering Beer Camp this weekend. $65 is a little steep, but the # of breweries is pretty rad.

Back