• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Pit Pet Thread

Same here RTQ. No words. Nothing can ever quite do justice to the pain of losing a pet. RDToy and I are not that far away if you need anything.

thanks guys. I'm in guilt mode right now. why didn't I bring him to the vet last week. he was sorta snotty and I thought he had a cold, but I mean I don't go to the doc when I have a runny nose. why did I assume he was eating less due to the new food I happened to switch to recently. if I had cancelled my super bowl party and brought him to an emergency vet yesterday, would that have been better? am I a terrible person to choose not to pay $1000-2000 this week to maybe get to 50/50 chances. little dude has always been anemic and we weaned him off daily steroids a year or two ago, and he'd been doing fine but damn today he was at like 8% red blood cell count, the vet had never seen any cat that low.

also thinking about my other kitty who is probably wondering where her buddy went.

Don't feel guilty, unfortunately with pets when it's time it's time regardless of what us owner do. I know you cared for your little buddy as well as possible.

B82jAnfIgAAeUnU.png

The vet just left and after losing 10 pounds due to hyperthyroid issues, my kitteh's now back up 2 lbs in the past month!

rtq, so sorry about Fry. It sucks to lose a pet...but especially when it's super unexpected.

So our cat loves the bathtub. When I'm in the shower he'll sit on the edge of the tub and lick water off the wall (even if it means his head gets soaking wet in the process). And sometimes he'll just jump in the dry tub and/or play between the shower curtains.

So this morning I heard him in the tub, and the Bug went in to investigate. She didn't come back for a while, and when I went in the bathroom, I found them both in the tub (incidentally this is the first time the Bug has climbed into - and then out of - the tub by herself)

1779320_10100283950133523_3382089515268713822_n.jpg

Caption: "I've made a terrible mistake! How do I get out of here?!"

I put this on facebook a few a days ago, but I just have to smile at this pic of my remaining sweet kitty trying to catch a reflection on the ceiling:

10914625_654727277986418_1222172019_n.jpg

(bonus daffodil hat sighting)

I put this on facebook a few a days ago, but I just have to smile at this pic of my remaining sweet kitty trying to catch a reflection on the ceiling:

10914625_654727277986418_1222172019_n.jpg

(bonus daffodil hat sighting)

I love this pic! Riley is big into trying to catch wall and ceiling reflections. But he's not the best jumper/climber, so he's always very awkward.

Back