• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Pit Pet Thread

I'm gonna bite you, snow

ejgdht.jpg

This was my dog Charlie preparing for snowpocalypse
264a0d9ef56936731838853c5146c114.jpg

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1453595859035.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1453595859035.jpg
    98.8 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Harv and Amber had a blast in the snow first thing this morning. Of course when we went out again with the camera ready, they were all like fuck this shit and banging at the door to come back inside.

Buzz kill alert: But I wanted to share the sad news about our sweet pup Holly ( my avatar), the dog with the EXTEMELY large tongue, and also ask for some advice. This morning we decided today was the day to put her down and the vet is coming to our house at 5:30. My question is this, my son who is only 13 really wants to be there when they put her to sleep. I have explained to him how in the past I have been there when we have put other furry loved ones down and you really understand it is a peaceful act and the really do drift off to sleep. Easy to say as an old 47 year old, but would you suggest allowing my kids to be there or do you think the thought will haunt them for years to come.

Holly lived a great life, and has had Thousands and thousands of people stop to adore her and her special tongue. I have enjoyed many of the jokes posters on this board have made and even a few have asked if they could share the pictures I posted of her tongue. She had a great seven years with our family after we adopted her.

Damn that's rough. Really sorry to hear that. I think you answered the question yourself in your post. If the kid really wants to be there then absolutely let him be there. My childhood dog died early last year and my parents gave me the option to be there or not. I opted out. Was 25, not 13, so probably had a different understanding of death than your kid, but I just didn't want to see it happen. If he's requesting to be apart of it I don't see any reason to deny him of that.

Sorry to hear that TARDAWG. If your son is 13, I think he's old enough to choose for himself. I buried my dog while a high school student, and I think it helped heal some of the pain. As you said, maybe him seeing how peaceful her last breaths are will be therapeutic to him.

Damn TARDAWG, I hate that for you. I know from these boards what a great friend you are to dogs in general, and particularly boxers. I would suggest letting your son be there. The Great Dane our family had since I was 4 died suddenly of stomach bloat when I was 13 or 14. I discovered him out in the back yard. Absolutely sucked, but not scarring.

Are you OK with your kid seeing you cry like a baby? That's what I did when my 1st dog as an adult had to be put down.

W-S peeps. Saw a post on Facebook about 4 beagle/basset mix adults were left in a cage in Miller Park. Animal control has them but they trying to find takers. Lemme know if anyone wants more deets.

Damn I want one! We are all about adopting but too soon for us. Thanks to everyone for the PMs and posts about the wellbeing of our pooch and also my son. Just a little update, we decided to let our son choose to be present if he wanted to be, and he was 100% in. Our vet was so kind to come to our home and the process was very therapeutic. No doubt we made the right call, and my son said later in the night he was so glad he was there and that he was kissing her when her eyelids closed for the last time. “ She can remember my face in heaven.”

Damn I want one! We are all about adopting but too soon for us. Thanks to everyone for the PMs and posts about the wellbeing of our pooch and also my son. Just a little update, we decided to let our son choose to be present if he wanted to be, and he was 100% in. Our vet was so kind to come to our home and the process was very therapeutic. No doubt we made the right call, and my son said later in the night he was so glad he was there and that he was kissing her when her eyelids closed for the last time. “ She can remember my face in heaven.”

Dr.-Who.gif

Glad it was a productive process for you and your family. It's never easy to say goodbye to a good dog.

Buzz kill alert: But I wanted to share the sad news about our sweet pup Holly ( my avatar), the dog with the EXTEMELY large tongue, and also ask for some advice. This morning we decided today was the day to put her down and the vet is coming to our house at 5:30. My question is this, my son who is only 13 really wants to be there when they put her to sleep. I have explained to him how in the past I have been there when we have put other furry loved ones down and you really understand it is a peaceful act and the really do drift off to sleep. Easy to say as an old 47 year old, but would you suggest allowing my kids to be there or do you think the thought will haunt them for years to come.

Holly lived a great life, and has had Thousands and thousands of people stop to adore her and her special tongue. I have enjoyed many of the jokes posters on this board have made and even a few have asked if they could share the pictures I posted of her tongue. She had a great seven years with our family after we adopted her.

Yes. He is likely to always regret not being there and being able to say goodbye and get that closure. He'll most likely be tore up and could shed some tears but there's nothing wrong with that. My suggestion would be to let him be there. I am so sorry for your loss. I love your avatar, such a beautiful dog.

Back