• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Pit Pet Thread

Sad news in our house today. Our cat, Riley, had been missing since Thursday night (he's indoor/outdoor but always comes back in a timely manner and is in before bedtime). He disappeared similarly in October, but turns out he got trapped in our neighbors' basement and they were gone for the weekend (so we were reunited on Sunday). This time it seems we weren't quite so lucky. I put out a missing cat alert on our neighborhood listserv last night, and talked to a neighbor today who had to deliver some bad news. A cat was killed in front of her house on Thursday evening, and she is pretty sure it was Riley (she had seen his picture and her description sounds like him...including the time it happened).

He was a great, friendly, cuddly cat for his 9 years with me and was such an awesome and patient pet for our Bug. It'll be pretty sad not having him to cuddle with at night anymore.

:tear:

162931_597697028273_5789653_n.jpg

saw that on FB - sorry to see that. RIP Riley :(

Currently fostering this awesome black lab. He's 6 years old, really well trained (e.g. sits on command, house trained) and really quite sweet. He'd be super easy to care for. For some reason he was abandoned by his owner and was just hours away from being put down because of over crowding at the shelter. I'd actually love to keep him but he is not compatible with back yard chickens and he may be a problem with our two cats... but he gets along great with other dogs and with my kids. If you know anybody on the market for a laid back dog that is easy to care for, let me know!

FullSizeRender.jpg

Still Fostering this awesome dog:
view

We can't keep him because he will definitely kill out cats, but other wise he is great. Any ideas on how to find him a forever home? I've advertised on Facebook, taken him to the dog park with an adopt me smock on him, stood outside PetCo for 2 hours one day during peak Christmas shopping season. We've had three or four people say they want to adopt him but then back out for various random reasons.

Still Fostering this awesome dog:
view

We can't keep him because he will definitely kill out cats, but other wise he is great. Any ideas on how to find him a forever home? I've advertised on Facebook, taken him to the dog park with an adopt me smock on him, stood outside PetCo for 2 hours one day during peak Christmas shopping season. We've had three or four people say they want to adopt him but then back out for various random reasons.

We are getting to a point where we might be ready to consider a dog. Let me try to work on Matt. PM me more info (if you have any more info).

I can’t believe that I am coming back to the board less than 5 weeks after we lost Holly. We adopted her younger brother to keep up her spirits and to keep her company and also to serve as the “crossover” once Holly passed away. Well this morning our dog “Bomber” woke up from sleeping with my son and headed off to the vet excited as he could be ( loved the attention). He had some mild surgery on his ear, and then we get the call that he died of a heart attack just after the surgery. I am sitting at me desk in full denial and have not a fucking clue how to explain this to my son when he returns from school today.
2016 sucks ASS!!!

I can’t believe that I am coming back to the board less than 5 weeks after we lost Holly. We adopted her younger brother to keep up her spirits and to keep her company and also to serve as the “crossover” once Holly passed away. Well this morning our dog “Bomber” woke up from sleeping with my son and headed off to the vet excited as he could be ( loved the attention). He had some mild surgery on his ear, and then we get the call that he died of a heart attack just after the surgery. I am sitting at me desk in full denial and have not a fucking clue how to explain this to my son when he returns from school today.
2016 sucks ASS!!!

Shit. That's terrible. How old?

Screamin, He was four years old. We only owned him for 16 months. Great dog! I can’t help but feel guilty. All that was wrong was a vein burst in his ear and they had to drain the fluid and insert a plastic piece to help with drainage for two weeks. They had to put him under to do it, but I mean WTF. I am so mad, upset and in shock I just can’t stand it. I almost feel guilt wanting to head over to Boxer rescue to find another, might be digging another early grave.

Screamin, He was four years old. We only owned him for 16 months. Great dog! I can’t help but feel guilty. All that was wrong was a vein burst in his ear and they had to drain the fluid and insert a plastic piece to help with drainage for two weeks. They had to put him under to do it, but I mean WTF. I am so mad, upset and in shock I just can’t stand it. I almost feel guilt wanting to head over to Boxer rescue to find another, might be digging another early grave.

Thatss terrible. So sorry man. A heart attack from an ear surgery? Is that the only info you received?

Oh wow, tardawg, I am so sorry to hear that. My heart goes out to you and your family. Ugh.

That is just beyond awful. Very sorry to hear about your family's loss, tardawg. Thoughts with all of you.

Just gave my pups a hug and kiss.

Thanks everyone for the love and prayers and hate to come here twice in a month to bring down the group, but I know no better place to find pet lovers. Hope to log back on in a few weeks for some happy news of a new adoption, maybe two :)

God bless you all for the kindness.

sorry about the awful news, tardawg...i can't even imagine the shit you're going through right now. thoughts and prayers...

Sorry to hear about your loss. Really really sucks to lose a pet, particularly one that is young and healthy.

Back