• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Pit Pet Thread

Boo fucking Hoo. Try having kids.

Thank you captain obvious. We are so much more knowledgeable after such an informational post. Seriously, did RJ jizz in your corn flakes this morning? Oh wait, I forget you're just carrying on with your e-persona. Got it.

I thought this thread was a bastion of happiness. I guess not!

Anyways, I recently adopted a 12 week old lab/beagle mix and she's amazing.

The dog scared me out of my wits early this morning. Came out from under the bed barking and snarling in the dark. I thought it was something serious the way he was acting (like, grab the shotgun, there's an intruder kind of serious)...but, no, of course he was just pissed because the cat got too close to his food bowl.

It obviously really affected the cat, as he lazily jumped on to the foot of the bed and began to lick himself as loudly as possible.

Animals...

The dog scared me out of my wits early this morning. Came out from under the bed barking and snarling in the dark. I thought it was something serious the way he was acting (like, grab the shotgun, there's an intruder kind of serious)...but, no, of course he was just pissed because the cat got too close to his food bowl.

It obviously really affected the cat, as he lazily jumped on to the foot of the bed and began to lick himself as loudly as possible.

Animals...

Hahaha. Our dog and cat have similar interactions. They get along remarkably well (had the cat for a few years before getting the dog and introduction was pretty easy), but they have their little tussles every now and then. And most of the time it is related to the cat being too close to the dog's food or treats (of which the cat has absolutely no interest).

The best though is that the cat likes when the dog licks his head. So he frequently comes up to the dog and just rubs his head in her face. He ends up getting a lick maybe a quarter of the time.

My wife's cat of 16 years died right after Christmas. So, on Friday with a few wines in her, she says she misses having a cat and wants one to love. So, I get the bright idea to surprise her with one on Valentines day. But, my kids got wind of it and we went and got her one this weekend. Brought this tiny kitty home yesterday and my wife burst into tears saying she is not ready. Now what....Try to do something nice. Now the kids of course love it and she is not ready. Cool kitty though. I am sure she will come around.

Around 5:30 in the afternoon they start getting antsy. Their biological clocks are pretty spot on.

Just bought Lucy an antler. This may be old hat to you all, but evidently dogs can chew on antlers that have been shed. It was $20 but she's worked on it for an hour while barley rounding an edge.

Seriously? You purchased an antler?

Do you know how many of those damn things are in my garage gathering dust that I have either cut off a deer's head or found while walking around in the woods. I could keep Lucy in antlers for the rest of her life.

Do you know how many of those damn things are in my garage gathering dust that I have either cut off a deer's head or found while walking around in the woods. I could keep Lucy in antlers for the rest of her life.

Ray Lewis would probably pay you $100,000 for them.

Animals...

i used to appreciate that my dog barked when anything was in the driveway. made me feel a lot safer that i would always know if somebody was approaching my house. but then some neighbors moved in that have an outdoors cat, so half the time when she goes berserk, it's just the damn cat. i have been woken up more times than i can count over the last few months.

Hahaha. Our dog and cat have similar interactions. They get along remarkably well (had the cat for a few years before getting the dog and introduction was pretty easy), but they have their little tussles every now and then. And most of the time it is related to the cat being too close to the dog's food or treats (of which the cat has absolutely no interest).

The best though is that the cat likes when the dog licks his head. So he frequently comes up to the dog and just rubs his head in her face. He ends up getting a lick maybe a quarter of the time.

These two will play together pretty regularly, but the dog is really protective of the bedroom area around his food and the foot of the bed. When the cat comes in the bedroom at night, the dog LOSES.HIS.MIND. The cat is completely unfazed by any of this.

Excellent. Antlers accepted.

What happens when a dog swears she hears a bird in an aluminum downspout.
erysyse4.jpg

Is this your dog?
images

My sister's cat got loose in my house and got into crawl space. Ended up having to cut away some trim work on the outside of the house to make a hole to get her out. Which is another reason I will never own a cat on my own, unless I get super rich and get a tiger or something ridiculous.

Is this your dog?
images

My sister's cat got loose in my house and got into crawl space. Ended up having to cut away some trim work on the outside of the house to make a hole to get her out. Which is another reason I will never own a cat on my own, unless I get super rich and get a tiger or something ridiculous.

No need to do all that. Obviously you just need to tie a string around another cat and send that cat into the wall to retrieve the first cat. Problem solved!

erysyse4.jpg

Jesus. If your dog ever looks at me crosseyed I'm going to pre-emptively kick her teeth out of her head so she can't destroy me.

Back