• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Pit Pet Thread

Dogs love Fry and Fry loves dogs. Even if it's the saddest episode ever.

futurama-jurassic-bark-reuniting.jpg

When Chic and I got married, her cat became housemates with my dog. Chester (the dog) is cool with anything, but the cat was a bitch. But after a while, they got used to one another. The cat mostly hangs out on its own, but we've "caught" the cat nuzzling the dog before too.

Looks like we're adding another dog to the family. This guy will probably be coming home Thursday.

Sawyer-11-475x329.jpg

When Chic and I got married, her cat became housemates with my dog. Chester (the dog) is cool with anything, but the cat was a bitch. But after a while, they got used to one another. The cat mostly hangs out on its own, but we've "caught" the cat nuzzling the dog before too.

Looks like we're adding another dog to the family. This guy will probably be coming home Thursday.

Sawyer-11-475x329.jpg

yay for the puppy!! so cute

Thanks for the thoughts on cats and dogs. My cat (Fry) and my sister's dog were both at my parents' house at the same time once, but the dog was leashed and being held back. My cat was curious but nervous. He's never met a dog otherwise. Fry is kind of a jerk and strong willed so I think he'd be the type to swat right back at a dog.

Best friends would be great, but mostly the hope would just be for two animals that could live in the same house without fighting.

A bold, assertive cat would do better with a dog. My cat Colt that now lives with my mom (didn't get along with Mrs. BSD's cat) LOVED our dog. Still does when he comes and stays.

PSA for fellow pet owners...put an id tag on your pet.

Tonight on the way home in my neighborhood I came across a dog lying in the middle of the road. I stopped and the little dog (that looked like a miniature german shephard) was lying in the road and had apparently just been hit. She was bleeding pretty heavily from her head and was evidently dead. I wrapped her in a towel and moved her to the side of the road and checked her collar. It was only a shock collar with no identification. So not knowing what else to do I just left her in the grass next to the sidewalk wrapped in a towel with her collar on top of her.

Ugh. :(

Oh dang. That's rough. You're awesome for doing that though. I know that just have been rough. I would've bawled like a baby while doing that.

i mean, the room i'm in is awfully dusty just from reading that...

re: dog and cat.

my aunt and uncle had a dog (nekot) and a cat (jasper) that lived together successfully for the entirety of nekot's life. I think the key thing is having the cat first and bringing a puppy into the mix that then only knows life with a cat.

70gpya.jpg

Ralph is doing great with Chester (the other dog) and E...Drake (the cat) is tolerating the situation.

He was trying to pick him up this morning, it was pretty cute, but I haven't snapped a pic of them together yet.

Got Sherman a playmate on Saturday! Unwanted pets get dropped off at Sherman's vet all too often. Went up there cause we thought Sherman had a friend that was available, but the one we were thinking of was the owner's dog. So instead, the workers brought us a different dog that they said was truly Sherman's best friend. And she was not lying. She'll use him as a step up to the couch or a little perch to look out the windows. It's great. She's so small & he's so big she can walk underneath him. I love it.

Also, it's hilarious how worn out Sherman is from playing with her. He is down for the night at wayyyyyy earlier than normal, with multiple naps throughout the day.

Will try to get pictures of them together up soon. Just haven't had the opportunity to take some.

ETA: her name is Lilly and she's a terrier mutt. Brindle color.

So I had to travel for my old job pretty much 100% of the time and the first month+ for my new one in Charlotte which means I've been without my puppy dog (except on weekends) for about a year. Thankfully that ended this weekend and we've been bro-ing out since Friday - I'm never doing that ever again.

ht5zs9.jpg

Back