• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Pit Pet Thread

So I had to travel for my old job pretty much 100% of the time and the first month+ for my new one in Charlotte which means I've been without my puppy dog (except on weekends) for about a year. Thankfully that ended this weekend and we've been bro-ing out since Friday - I'm never doing that ever again.

ht5zs9.jpg

That is awesome.

Starting Monday, we let Amber stay out during the day while we're at work. We'd been building up to it over the past few months, leaving her out of her crate a few hours at a time and increasing the time. We've had her just over a year, so its about the same amount of home training we did with Harvey before letting him out during the day. So far she's done great, no accidents or destruction. She had so much energy in the afternoons from being crated all day, so now when I arrive home its nice that she's been able to expend some of her energy throughout the day. She is much more calm and submission, and is listening a lot better.

I came across this story earlier this morning. Its about a Medivac Helicopter that transported a Police K-9, which ended up saving his life. Its a nice feel good story on a morning when I could use one. http://www.firerescue1.com/fire-dep...-we-airlifted-injured-K-9-to-animal-hospital/

Are they both females? Amber lays like that all the time, Harvey never does. Could it be something only females do?

i've heard before that when dogs lay on their back, it's because they're too hot. since there's less fur on their stomach, it's cooler to have that open to air flow, or something like that. maybe female dogs stay warmer?

and yeah, caddie's a girl. not sure on ladydeac's dog.

http://

Not just a girl thing. Perseus is a boy but the pic is SFW thanks to my child's strategic placement of this toy before the picture was taken. He's weighs about 100 pounds now, snores like crazy and is on his back a lot. Never ceases to amuse me.

Felix lays like that every once in a while as well. I have no clue how dogs find that position comfortable.

Booger chillin on the bed, don't tell the Mrs. He fucking loves bein on the bed.

6a6u9y2a.jpg

Here's Woody from a couple of mornings ago as I encouraged him to get up and go outside to pee. Obviously he was not overly motivated...

882086_10151541874949260_819808592_o.jpg

My wife got this email. Anyone around campus know this pup or would be interested in adopting? John's email is gormjs0(at)wfu.edu

Hey everyone,

Last week I found the dog in the photographs below walking on the street around the intersection of 14th and University. She did not have an ID tag on her collar but she was micro-chipped and attempts to contact the owner have been unsuccessful. It seems the listed owners are not interested in retrieving her. After trying to find the owner, we have also discovered that there are signs that she was mistreated.

She is a 12 pound terrier mix, about 2 years old, spayed, and has a really good temperament. At first she is a little scared and timid around new people (probably due to her past treatment) but once she warms up to you (which did not take very long) she really is a great dog. This week she got all her shots as well, so she is good to go.

If any of you might be interested in adopting her or know someone who may be please let me know and we can set up a time for you to meet her and see if its a good fit.

Best,

John Gormally

5407_10152719640280440_258253989_n.jpg

He had that damn toy for 2 hours. TWO HOURS. Now it is half rope and half rubber thing.... that is in half.

He had that damn toy for 2 hours. TWO HOURS. Now it is half rope and half rubber thing.... that is in half.

i once gave caddie a toy that my parents had bought for her. 10 minutes in, i started sending them emails with pictures of the current state of the toy. it only lasted 45 minutes.

Then when you take away the small bits that they break off they look at you like you just violated some term of the Geneva Convention.

"Oi! I was chewing on that. Give it back. NOW."

And by the way, why do dogs even know what the Geneva Convention is? That's weird.

Back