• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Pit Pet Thread

those are incredibly small. let me know if you cant see them and would like me to resize them

How old is Jackson?

Amber, the one who destroyed the gutter a couple pages back, has destroyed the antlers we've given her. We started out with deer, and switched to elk. She's not going through the elk as quickly, but she's still tearing it down. Both sets we've bought were harvested from the animal in the spring, when the marrow had yet to harden. Because of that, they're essentially hollow in the middle. If we could get some solid core antlers, I think it would take her much longer to devour them.

he's got a solid-core reindeer antler

rucswi.jpg

345lcow.jpg

biuqva.jpg

2nhhlq9.jpg

attachment.php

Love your GSD, I am hooked on the breed. Mine decided to bring me a rabbit today, alive and well, unhurt. As if it knew it was easter.

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1364592419287.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1364592419287.jpg
    48.8 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Sherman is pretty money. He got us hooked on GSD, as well. And I'd definitely recommend getting one if size is not an issue. Such a fun, loyal, loving, awesome (anything you can think of) dog

Sherman is pretty money. He got us hooked on GSD, as well. And I'd definitely recommend getting one if size is not an issue. Such a fun, loyal, loving, awesome (anything you can think of) dog

Size isn't an issue, really, as a homeowner with a fenced yard. They are just fantastic dogs in terms of intelligence and aesthetics. How long have you had yours? Good with kids?

Size isn't an issue, really, as a homeowner with a fenced yard. They are just fantastic dogs in terms of intelligence and aesthetics. How long have you had yours? Good with kids?

Got him the Saturday we played UNC in football, so since September 8. And he is EXTREMELY good with kids. Better than any other dog I've had. The neighborhood kids adore him. Never once bitten a child, nor knocked a child down.

My mom just texted me that their dog isn't doing well and they're taking her to the vet. Kind of worried that this might be the end =(

Took Lilly for a ride today. Bad choice as she had explosive diarrhea in my front passenger seat. We were a good 7 minutes from home as well, so it all got smeared into my cloth seat. So I had to hold her by the color so she wouldn't move around & take it to the carpet, me, or other seats so it was a mess. My car smells SO bad now. I have 5 air freshener things in the vents. Took it up to the car wash that has a carpet cleaner/vacuum and spent $22 trying to get it clean. It sucks.

Had to do something about the barking today. Our house at Wrightsville is right above a public access to beach, and we leave them on the porch when we aren't home. Got an outdoor device that detects their barking and emits essentially a dog whistle. They barked twice, and got the picture. Haven't even thought about it since.

It helps that they have been running with me every day since we got here. We've done 13 miles over the last 24 hours. They love it though.

We give Ralph a frozen peanut butter kong every night (and if we're going to be gone very long during the day) as well as a rawhide bone. They are treats he only gets in his crate. Went from barking incessantly when we put him in there to whimpering a little if that. He loves that thing (and his pupy teeth are destroying everything else, so I might look into some of these other toys). He has done ok with a rope, but we have to be very vigilant that he doesn't get Elliott's toys. Chester has only ever been a stuffed animal dog, so we're used to the stuffing all over, but Ralph is even destroying his bed.

Need advice. We moved into a new house in November. Since then, we have been working on our yard and fencing it in. We just finished and it looks great. One problem, our 6+ year old lab mix has decided to start digging out. We kept her in our fenced yard at our old house where she could run around when we were not home. She had access to our screened porch to get out of elements if needed. Similar set up now. She never dug before, but every time we leave her at the new house, when we get home she is sitting on the back door steps (not behind the fence). My dad suggested picking up her poop and placing it by the areas she is digging out, but I am not sure about that. Suggestions?

We had a lab that used to dig under the fences, and we ended up having to bury chicken wire around the edges to keep him from digging.

My uneducated guess is that she is unfamiliar with the new place still. :noidea:

We had a lab that used to dig under the fences, and we ended up having to bury chicken wire around the edges to keep him from digging.

My uneducated guess is that she is unfamiliar with the new place still. :noidea:

My gut feeling is that our old house had a privacy fence and she could not see out. This one is a combo of iron and wood, but both are not privacy and she can see the outside. I spent to much $$ on this fence for her not to use it.

Deacon has found his true calling. The little guy is a beach dog. Have been running with them several times since getting here Friday. Ran down to the north end of Wrightsville Beach today, and there are some marshlands with trails around the reeds. Took the dogs off leash, and I have never seen Deacon (lab mix) more happy in my two years of having him. Ran back to the house, and walked back with the wife this afternoon for like an hour. He actually swam for the first time today. I was proud.

ehu8ynaz.jpg

He looks like he is very proud of himself in that picture. I love it.

Back