• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Pit Pet Thread

I DVR'd this on your rec. Loved it. Thanks!

Same here. Loved the first episode. Can't wait to watch a few more over the next few days.
Watched the most recent episode and it spurred a very good discussion on PTSD. I've dealt with it briefly before, nothing like these folks, but it reinforces how calming a dog companion can be.

Anyone give their dog kneecaps? Just bought one for Mae our 7 month old pit mix. She seems fine with it and they're cheap. She is a voracious chewer and we've been giving her tendons but she goes through them so fast. The store said it would take her a week to get through the kneecap but she is making easy work of it.

Anyone give their dog kneecaps? Just bought one for Mae our 7 month old pit mix. She seems fine with it and they're cheap. She is a voracious chewer and we've been giving her tendons but she goes through them so fast. The store said it would take her a week to get through the kneecap but she is making easy work of it.

Elk antlers.

Antlers are the freaking best. Takes our pit mix ages to chew through those, and he loves them.

Try yak cheese, sometimes called Himilayan Dog Chew. Took our pit mix a while to get through and she liked it way more than the antlers.

Try yak cheese, sometimes called Himilayan Dog Chew. Took our pit mix a while to get through and she liked it way more than the antlers.

Good rec, thanks. Took a look at their website and there's a retailer down the street from me. Pup is laying on the floor oblivious, and I'm stoked to go get him this treat this week.

jack has a reindeer antler that he's had for probably 10 years... still around.
granted, he was trained for ducks and only mouths things, doesn't actually chew, but still.

Finally got the kids sleeping through the night and Ralph had his first seizure in 2 months last night at 3am. It was a really rough one (and he puked several times in the night afterward)...plus Chester pooped in the house when I was trying to get Ralph to go outside after seizing. Poor puppy. I was really hoping we had found a drug combination that was working.

Sorry to hear that ChicdeaC. Mehbe this will help cheer you up?

eEn20f9.jpg

Sorry to hear that ChicdeaC. Mehbe this will help cheer you up?

eEn20f9.jpg

This looks a little like my Deacon. This sound EXACTLY like my Deacon. The same little asshole that tried to eat the glass from a bowl I dropped last night.

Not sure if this belongs in the Pet thread, the Beer thread or both.

Some of you may know that Foothills Brewery here in W-S just sponsored a dog photo contest. 11 winners will have their photos on a monthly IPA next year. I present to you, my dog, The Bishop of Westover ("Bishop").

(photo taken at Diamondback Grill)

n17y9g.jpg
[/IMG]

First Place: A case of foothills beer.

Second Place: 2 cases of foothills beer.

hoppyup isn't bad.

Chic, so sorry to hear about Ralph :( I hope it was either a fluke, or a different combo will continue to help him.

Made it through a crossroad with Boog yesterday. Decided to take the risks with draining more fluid, as the alternative would have been to likely put him down by the end of the week because of lack of appetite. They took two pints this time because he was completely cooperative. His appetite seems to be back, his energy is better, and he's drinking plenty of water!

The costs are reasonable enough that we can afford it in our monthly budget for as long as it makes a difference. Since right now the only real problems are loss of appetite when he gets too full of fluid, I think it's worth it for him. Given that the risks are essentially the same as not draining fluid, having to put him down, it's a no brainer.

Thanks for all the #vibes. Hopefully he holds out for many more happy days. He does look pitiful because he's lost a good deal of weight. The vet described it as changing from a dog body to a cow body.

Best of luck, DF07.

Popped in to add how wonderful Lucy (the dog) has been with the twins. She has really improved the quality of our lives. Rescues FTW

Good rec, thanks. Took a look at their website and there's a retailer down the street from me. Pup is laying on the floor oblivious, and I'm stoked to go get him this treat this week.

Report back on how he likes it!

i had heard mixed reviews on antlers. mainly that they are so strong that dogs can break teeth on them. anyone experience that?

my dog went through half a moose antler piece and got bored. has shredded some smaller antler pieces.

no busted teeth. he's about 50lbs, mix lab/mutt

Back