• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Pit Pet Thread

Update: Ear drops for two weeks, two pills twice a day, one pill once a day, bath twice a week on his paws with anti-microbial shampoo and ears cleaned twice a week with some cleaning solution. Really cheap day yesterday.

Everything is awful so I'm requesting pet pics. I need the cuteness!

My pup is a Wake fan:

apCrBOC.jpg

She shows her emotions via ear position:

g7aDmuF.jpg

Ugh, wish our dogs the best please. We have our current foster dog and one of our females at the vet's office right now after a bad fight. The foster dog is bruised and slightly bloodied. Our dog has 7 puncture wounds on her throat and ear, plus two more on her rear right leg. One of the ones on her leg is directly into her joint so we don't know yet if that has caused damage there. Also, she lost a canine tooth that got ripped out in the fight. That's what we've discovered so far. I'm back at the house trying to clean up the blood from the floors and walls while RDToy is still at the vet with them. Hopefully there is nothing else wrong.

yikes, Raleigh. good vibes to them.

is this the first instance of something this dramatic?

Ugh, wish our dogs the best please. We have our current foster dog and one of our females at the vet's office right now after a bad fight. The foster dog is bruised and slightly bloodied. Our dog has 7 puncture wounds on her throat and ear, plus two more on her rear right leg. One of the ones on her leg is directly into her joint so we don't know yet if that has caused damage there. Also, she lost a canine tooth that got ripped out in the fight. That's what we've discovered so far. I'm back at the house trying to clean up the blood from the floors and walls while RDToy is still at the vet with them. Hopefully there is nothing else wrong.

Did you win any money ?

yikes, Raleigh. good vibes to them.

is this the first instance of something this dramatic?

Yeah, I'm surprised we've never had a big fight before, with as long as we've been doing rescue. With that said, this particular foster dog has had some issues with our long haired Dachshund Chester, but never Winnie. Plus, all had been fine for the past several weeks. However, I made the mistake of leaving them all together, instead of separated, while I ran out to the supermarket. I was gone twenty minutes, tops. When I got back the front of the dog crate was busted down and there was pee and poop and hair and blood everywhere.

Wanted to google the best way to clean up blood, but I figured that would put me on some FBI list.

Yeah, I'm surprised we've never had a big fight before, with as long as we've been doing rescue. With that said, this particular foster dog has had some issues with our long haired Dachshund Chester, but never Winnie. Plus, all had been fine for the past several weeks. However, I made the mistake of leaving them all together, instead of separated, while I ran out to the supermarket. I was gone twenty minutes, tops. When I got back the front of the dog crate was busted down and there was pee and poop and hair and blood everywhere.

Wanted to google the best way to clean up blood, but I figured that would put me on some FBI list.

We use this stuff for cleaning up the occasional pee, dump or barf. Works well. Since it's enzyme-based in order to break down the proteins, it may have some decent results w/ blood.

p-84732-69516K-dog.jpg

Give this guy a call.

giphy.gif

I hope the pups are doing better today.

When you foster for a while and then the animal gets adopted, do you like to hear from the new owners? I've reached out a couple times to the folks who fostered my cats and they always seemed happy for an update, but I don't know how much they really care.

We were given the name and number of the couple that had our dog before we got her from the rescue. We opted not to call since it was clear she was beaten often and was terrified of men. Sad. She is much better now, 7 years later.

aww that is sad about your dog's life before you. glad you are giving him a safe, happy place to live, and I definitely understand not reaching out to the previous owners.

my cats were stray kittens that were rescued and brought in to better situations.

We love to hear from adopters and keep up with how the pups are doing in their forever homes.

Hate to be Debbie Downer, but it looks like we'll have to put our 11-year-old Berner down later this week. We adopted her when we first moved to Portland and needed a companion for our 1-year-old Gordon Setter while my wife and I were both working crazy shifts. Hannah quickly took over our lives and became the Alpha personality in our household. Since then, she has walked a fine line between being a bitchy, barky teenager and a surly curmudgeon. But one thing's for sure — she never once wavered in her ability to be a life-sized teddy bear, relishing the opportunity to snuggle everyone she ever met. It's going to be a rough weekend here...

10400958_1047977878096_6776_n.jpg

So sorry, crapshoot. It's so hard to have to make that decision and say goodbye.

Back