• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Pitt Game Thread

The great thing is all he had to do was run out of bounds and get the easy first down and game is over. Love that he felt he had to be a Kenny Pickett
I’m sure the brilliant coaching staff told him not to go out of bounds and hit the turf as soon as he had the first down. Kid probably didn’t know the rule though.

I love how Pitt fans on twitter keep showing this when it absolutely bolsters the arguement that the correct call was made.

View attachment 6218
so much clearer from directly down the line...absolutely the right call.
886073e5b8b4015d501ca7e1e29d7ab0.jpg

Won't put the guy on blast by name, but let's just say it was a comedy of crazy stuff. Cheering in the press box, interrupting Clawson and others with questions. Bizarre for what is usually such a buttoned up environment.
Honest question. If someone was cheering in the press box and being an ass in the Press Conference.
Why are they not being put on blast? they made an ass of themself publicly... let it ride

And is this a credentialed member of the media? or does Wake allow certain folks access to these areas as thank you for donation etc? I spent 3 years in Wake Press Boxes. This shit bothers me...

Honest question. If someone was cheering in the press box and being an ass in the Press Conference.
Why are they not being put on blast? they made an ass of themself publicly... let it ride

And is this a credentialed member of the media? or does Wake allow certain folks access to these areas as thank you for donation etc? I spent 3 years in Wake Press Boxes. This shit bothers me...
What counts as media these days is a lot different than it used to be too. Some guy can just start a sports website and get press passes in some cases.

The Sonny Football playbook going forward ought to be a close facsimile of the Jamie Newman playbook—fades (the kid dropped the ball in the bucket nicely on some touch throws), slants, and a heavy dose of the power run game.

And Pitt getting screwed by the Kenny Pickett Rule will forever be a sweet, sweet memory.

Pitt is a shit team coached by an asshole. Their behavior at the ACC champ game was terrible. The fake injuries every time Wake started to tempo, the fake slide. narduzzis presser. to Hell with them!

losing on the Fake slide call after two disgraceful personal foul calls backing them up…. Perfect !

Pitt is a shit team coached by an asshole. Their behavior at the ACC champ game was terrible. The fake injuries every time Wake started to tempo, the fake slide. narduzzis presser. to Hell with them!

losing on the Fake slide call after two disgraceful personal foul calls backing them up…. Perfect !

I wonder if Narduzzi is at all in the running for the Michigan State job? Yeah, he‘s having a crap year, but he was pretty popular there as a DC for a long time. Not a A list choice, but on the list?

Toward the end when Mooch ran into their bench on the winning drive, did you see the Pitt players start to surround him running their mouths? I sure did. That is a direct reflection of their pond scum head coach. That team royally showed their asses in the ACCCG two years ago. Having sat amongst some of their "fans", I hope they never win a game. One program I wish we had not brought into the ACC.

Toward the end when Mooch ran into their bench on the winning drive, did you see the Pitt players start to surround him running their mouths? I sure did. That is a direct reflection of their pond scum head coach. That team royally showed their asses in the ACCCG two years ago. Having sat amongst some of their "fans", I hope they never win a game. One program I wish we had not brought into the ACC.
I was shocked they didn’t throw a flag on that. The ref was right there yelling at the coaches to keep his players back.

This is how I feel. I was totally indifferent to PITT until the ACCCG. Their fans are terrible and stupid people. Their team and coach are classless punks.

Did anyone else notice how #6 on their D was constantly running his mouth and flexing all over the place.

I want to know more about this press box thing. Are we talking about the post-game press conference? Or are there other gatherings there that include Clawson? And maybe an example of what this person was doing.

I really hope WFU would toss anyone who is clowning around in their press gatherings.

We seem to have lost a lot of confidence in Dennis or his range is even worse than I thought.

This is going to ramble, apologies.

I've got questions about the guy's name. This will probably come off as conspiracy ramblings. On the press box seating chart, the guy in this seat is Charles Hartley of some sports blog I'd never heard of until 2 months ago. There's a Facebook profile with that name that posts these long, fan-fiction stories. I think he's also used the name "Sammy Sportface," if you go by some references in comments.

I tend to think the cheering in the press box stuff is usually a case of "other media and athletic dept. people care but nobody else does, so why bring it up?" But every once in a while -- like yesterday -- it's over the top. Yelling for Mooch to throw the ball away, cheering on the touchdowns, other big plays, etc. was just all day. And that's just what I could hear; others were closer.

The bigger issue, IMO, is cutting off Clawson and players in the post-game presser. I can give a little leeway on Clawson because he does pause sometimes on answers and you think he's done, then he'll rattle off another couple of thoughts (I'm sure people who watch full pressers have picked that up). But he cut off Marucci when he answering a Les question and that shit just shouldn't happen.

Less of an issue but yesterday before the 4th quarter, Wake's comms. director told us to use microphones for questions so that fans listening could hear the questions and not just answers. From what I could tell, everybody followed that directive except this clown.

He's only shown up to games, but he's been on Zoom for a couple of Clawson's Tuesday pressers. The whole "what book are you reading this year" stuff was him.

I've got questions about the guy's name. This will probably come off as conspiracy ramblings. On the press box seating chart, the guy in this seat is Charles Hartley of some sports blog I'd never heard of until 2 months ago. There's a Facebook profile with that name that posts these long, fan-fiction stories. I think he's also used the name "Sammy Sportface," if you go by some references in comments.

I tend to think the cheering in the press box stuff is usually a case of "other media and athletic dept. people care but nobody else does, so why bring it up?" But every once in a while -- like yesterday -- it's over the top. Yelling for Mooch to throw the ball away, cheering on the touchdowns, other big plays, etc. was just all day. And that's just what I could hear; others were closer.

The bigger issue, IMO, is cutting off Clawson and players in the post-game presser. I can give a little leeway on Clawson because he does pause sometimes on answers and you think he's done, then he'll rattle off another couple of thoughts (I'm sure people who watch full pressers have picked that up). But he cut off Marucci when he answering a Les question and that shit just shouldn't happen.

Less of an issue but yesterday before the 4th quarter, Wake's comms. director told us to use microphones for questions so that fans listening could hear the questions and not just answers. From what I could tell, everybody followed that directive except this clown.

He's only shown up to games, but he's been on Zoom for a couple of Clawson's Tuesday pressers. The whole "what book are you reading this year" stuff was him.
I wanna see your own tackling skills the next time he clowns around, Conner

The Facebook page in question is one of the strangest things I’ve ever seen

Back