• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Please keep cookoutdeac in your thoughts

Deacfan2009

Reaction score
Hey all,

My brother/best-friend, and one of our esteemed and fearless moderators, has been in Surgery since 11:30 this morning. He was in a boating accident 6 days ago and the handle of a pull-rope tore up his entire right bicep. Yesterday while visiting an orthopedic doctor to see what his recovery prognosis was, they discovered a clot in his Brachial artery. He was admitted to the hospital immediately, and scheduled for surgery this morning.

He's probably got about an hour of surgery left (hopefully), and he's been a trooper thus far. It turns out that the damage to the artery was worse than they thought, and they had to take vein grafts from both of his legs. Additionally, the ortho doctor was on site for the surgery, but it was determined that nothing muscular could really be fixed. He'll likely be in ICU tonight. I think it's going to be a pretty rough road to recovery, and this community means a lot to him. If you could keep him in your thoughts or send him positive messages, it would be greatly appreciated.

I'll post updates as I get them. Information is getting filtered to me straight from family at Baptist, so I don't have all the details.

Here's to hoping this doesn't set back his prolific beerpong and foosball careers.

Last edited:
Oh man... this is a buzzkill. Wishing him all the best. I don't want to think about kickball/Bob's without him.

Best of wishes to him. He'll beat eating burgers in no time.

Haven't had the pleasure of meeting him but assume he's awesome like 2009. Both of you take care. Get well soon cookout.

Was the blood clot an effect of the ski accident or was this a Dillon Gee type incident where they just randomly found it while doing routine procedures?

Wishing him all the best.

i hate to hear this. best of luck in surgery and recovery. i need to meet some of the CTers this fall so i can tell them what bauces they are.

In with some prayers!

Update: He's officially in recovery and will definitely be in ICU tonight.

Was the blood clot an effect of the ski accident or was this a Dillon Gee type incident where they just randomly found it while doing routine procedures?

Wishing him all the best.

It was caused by the accident for sure. The vein got really stretched out or something (I think). It was just weird that no one even considered it a possibility or problem until the doctor yesterday. That's what he gets for visiting a hospital in Tennessee (where it happened) first.

Haven't had the pleasure of meeting him but assume he's awesome like 2009. Both of you take care. Get well soon cookout.

He is twice as awesome as myself. A good dude all-around and always fun to rage with (plus if you take his foosball skills to rec, great for drawing in the ladies).

It was caused by the accident for sure. The vein got really stretched out or something (I think). It was just weird that no one even considered it a possibility or problem until the doctor yesterday. That's what he gets for visiting a hospital in Tennessee (where it happened) first.
I blame Manifest.

Oh man... this is a buzzkill. Wishing him all the best. I don't want to think about kickball/Bob's without him.

Yeah. His best pitching days might be behind him, but I expect he'll work his ass off to get back into game-ready shape ;-)

Back