• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Please keep cookoutdeac in your thoughts

Well wishes for a quick recovery.

However, posting isn't the most strenuous activity, so how come he wasn't live posting during surgery? Unacceptable. ;)

Good luck, Cookout.

Perhaps the twins should stay away from water from now on.

Good luck with a speedy recovery. Thankfully the vascular surgeons at Baptist are some of the best in the world. If he's still in the hospital on Monday, I'll swing by and visit.

What sad news! Ill definitely be keeping COD and his family in my thoughts and prayers today. Here's hoping for the speediest and easiest recovery possible.

Cookout and DeacFan2009, I just wanted to tell you both good luck. We're all counting on you.

Thoughts and prayers are with cookout, 2009. I'm just glad they found the clot - not sure how they did, as you typically don't have access to ultrasound in an orthopedic surgeons office. Thankful they did, though, and please give him my very best for a speedy recovery.

Thanks for all the kind words, everyone! Cookout finally woke up briefly and got to talk to family around midnight last night. He dozed off shortly thereafter.

Obviously he's not extremely happy with the outcome (or the full arm cast), but at least he's safe. He'll probably be in the hospital for 2-3 days as he recovers. I'll try to make sure someone gets him some internet access so he can potentially deliver some updates himself.

Thoughts and prayers are with cookout, 2009. I'm just glad they found the clot - not sure how they did, as you typically don't have access to ultrasound in an orthopedic surgeons office. Thankful they did, though, and please give him my very best for a speedy recovery.

I think the orthopedic surgeon sent him to another doctor immediately because he was concerned about a weaker pulse in the arm. I don't know the full story, though, as I was at work on Thursday and getting only occasional updates. Was a huge surprise for me when I found out he was being checked into the hospital.

Sorry, I just saw this thread...thoughts and prayers are with him for a quick recovery.

Yeah, I'd have to question any doctor that took a look at his arm and didn't have him in some sort of surgery immediately, based on the pictures I saw. Although I know nothing about medicine.

Get well soon cookout! I fully expect you to dominate your rehab like we pwned the olympics.

Get better soon, CoD!

I think the orthopedic surgeon sent him to another doctor immediately because he was concerned about a weaker pulse in the arm.

I did an ortho rotation and this was pretty much what they would do if they suspected a clot...they had an agreement with a local vascular surgeon to be able to send patients over immediately for ultrasounds if needed.

I think the orthopedic surgeon sent him to another doctor immediately because he was concerned about a weaker pulse in the arm. I don't know the full story, though, as I was at work on Thursday and getting only occasional updates. Was a huge surprise for me when I found out he was being checked into the hospital.

He mentioned in the ct the other day that his surgeon sent him for an angiogram and they were doing veinous mapping of his legs.

Back