• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Please keep cookoutdeac in your thoughts

Yep, it's my right, sadly. Holding out hope for a rookie of the year type recovery, but the prognosis isn't really that great tbh.

I'll have to try and ms paint the accident and how it happened in my spare time this week, as well as the injury.

bummer. yeah I was curtis about the circumstances but didn't want to bother anyone for details. glad to see you back online!

in my thoughts and prayers for sure...he's in good hands though at WFBH

For cookout, because sometimes panda bears just fall.

top-tapiture-panda.gif

Knew a kid who had to have his entire arm amputated from a wakeboarding accident. Were you reeling in the rope and it got caught in the prop/motor? That's what happened to him, and basically tore his entire bicep off down to the bone. If that's what happened, I guess you can consider yourself lucky. Here's to a speedy recovery.

Knew a kid who had to have his entire arm amputated from a wakeboarding accident. Were you reeling in the rope and it got caught in the prop/motor? That's what happened to him, and basically tore his entire bicep off down to the bone. If that's what happened, I guess you can consider yourself lucky. Here's to a speedy recovery.

Damn that sounds awful. And also why I wouldn't reel in the rope with the motor on. Mine was more the result of the rope handle getting caught between my body as I wiped out (so my hand went into the triangle the rope makes) and then pulling at my arm really hard as I hit the water and the friction caused me and the rope to be going separate ways.

Basically a severe blunt force trauma that split my biceps right around the middle and caused damage to my brachial artery. They didn't pick up on the vascular damage at the initial ER visit though, and that's what I just had surgery to repair. They said they couldn't really do much for the muscle tear though, so I'm probs stuck with that deformity.

Damn that sounds awful. And also why I wouldn't reel in the rope with the motor on. Mine was more the result of the rope handle getting caught between my body as I wiped out (so my hand went into the triangle the rope makes) and then pulling at my arm really hard as I hit the water and the friction caused me and the rope to be going separate ways.

Basically a severe blunt force trauma that split my biceps right around the middle and caused damage to my brachial artery. They didn't pick up on the vascular damage at the initial ER visit though, and that's what I just had surgery to repair. They said they couldn't really do much for the muscle tear though, so I'm probs stuck with that deformity.

I've broken 14 bones, had numerous surgeries, including basically getting my upper body burned alive so my lung would stop collapsing, and that description still made me queasy. Get better man, can't help but send a little prayer your way every time I see this thread

You'll be gifing again in no time.

Thanks to this thread I now have a good reason to stay on the boat drinking beer while other bros do that crazy getting dragged behind a boat shit. Best wishes for a good recovery and good outcome.

Back