• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Please keep cookoutdeac in your thoughts

Feel better soon cookout! Thoughts and prayers are with you and your loved ones.

hope the road to recovery is smooth and slightly down-hill (that's when you go fastest)! big thanks to the doctors that knew what to look for...

Thanks for all the kind words, everyone! Cookout finally woke up briefly and got to talk to family around midnight last night. He dozed off shortly thereafter.

Obviously he's not extremely happy with the outcome (or the full arm cast), but at least he's safe. He'll probably be in the hospital for 2-3 days as he recovers. I'll try to make sure someone gets him some internet access so he can potentially deliver some updates himself.

Aww man that was like the one thing he kept saying: "at least it isn't in a cast".

Here's to a speedy recovery for cookout.

I think both of you twins need to stay clear of water and water-related activities for a long awhile.

Now that he seems to be in the clear, I hope it's acceptable to say that this is a real opportunity for cookout to get some butt. I can see him in a bar with his arm in a cast, some sympathetic chick at his knee: "Yeah, baby, I injured it in a wakeboarding accident." SO METAL. That chick will be all like, "SPLOOSH."

get well soon dude! The radical life is frought with risk but it's a lifestyle that has chosen us. hope you can get radical again soon.

Thinking about you my friend!
2ldhyef.gif

Damn, hate to hear that. Best wishes for a full recovery cookout.

damn, good luck dude. Easily the finest poster here.

Dead_poets.jpg

Last edited:
Hey guys, appreciate all the love. It's been an eventful couple days.

They ended up skipping the angiogram and just going straight to surgery to try and knock the problem early (before it got worse). 9 hours in the OR later and they'd successfully repaired/bypassed my brachial (sp?) artery. Yesterday was probs the worst but things are slowly getting better. The hardest part is gonna be putting up with staples in my leg for the next week. They still really aren't sure how the arm muscle is going to heal either, which is rough. One day at a time though.

Just wanted to check in and say thanks though, this thread really made me feel a lot better yesterday when I was stuck in the ICU. This is such an awesome community.

Had cookout for lunch today, so I hereby retroactively dedicate it to cookout Deac's recovery.

Haha awesome.

Well they were trying to keep me for another night, but having an aggressive mother is good for some things, so I was discharged today ftw. Now it's just time to veg out, watch TV, and let these gross looking incisions heal up all week.

If I'm lucky I'll be able to get on the laptop and do some posting from bed as well.

Glad to hear you're recovering, keep us updated!

Back