• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Pokemon Go

What team are you?

• Total voters
sHdD4cK.jpg

You sound like a master trainer already. Good call on finding a gym out in the middle of nowhere.

I don't know whether to take that as a compliment or be very disappointed in myself. This game (and DBZ) were my childhood 20 years ago.

FWIW, PokemonGo has been installed on twice as many phones as Tinder, doubled the engagement of Snapchat, & is passing Twitter in % of daily active users all in less than a week. About to do a sponsorship deal with McDonald's to push traffic into their stores. Maybe they're going to offer a special pokemon or item there.

sponsorship deals seem like a pretty good way to kill the hype

Certainly could. They have to take advantage of it now though while it's still huge. I think it'll more go way of the navigation app - Waze. Having their logo on the map whenever you're going by.

Got a Scyther and a Mankey from eggs in the last few days. Near the office we're drowning in Drowzee. They're everywhere.

Got a Scyther and a Mankey from eggs in the last few days. Near the office we're drowning in Drowzee. They're everywhere.

Yeah. I have 3 Hypnos over 700 because of all of these Drowzees. All of the nearby gyms are generally psychic Pokemon, too, so the damn Hypnos don't even really do anything.

Yeah. I have 3 Hypnos over 700 because of all of these Drowzees. All of the nearby gyms are generally psychic Pokemon, too, so the damn Hypnos don't even really do anything.

They really need to add the trade component. I can't find a Drowzee anywhere,

Electabuzz and Snorlax are my claims to fame at the moment. Wasted about 12 great balls on a wild Venasaur last night.

Found and Electabuzz- level 680 last night too. That, and Vaporeon and Flareon, not that the latter two are too rare.

For the investing gurus, I wonder if the stock is going to continue to climb, or if it's hit it's peak. It's gone up roughly 60% in 5 days and 80% over the last month. I could see it going up another 30% or so over the next few weeks.

It's all ratatas, pidgeys, and weedles where I live

It's all ratatas, pidgeys, and weedles where I live

Same around my neighborhood. Have to venture out to the pretentious hoods and downtown to catch the good ones. In the meantime, catch all of those weak ass bitches, because you'll need them for stardust.

I got to level 6 in one day. I was afraid that if I waited any longer to get in the game I would basically never be able to catch up and really compete in gym battles.

Valid concern, although I feel like we are still on the front end of this "craze". My girlfriend started playing last night and I slowly drove around for like 2 hours. She amassed 30 different pokes in one outing.
I'm a level 13-close to 14 and feel like every gym I come across would be pretty hard to win any battles in.

Back