• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Pokemon Go

What team are you?

• Total voters
Because Pidgeys only take 12 candy to evolve (same with weedle and caterpie). So lets say you've caught 100 pidgeys (not unrealistic at all, since you see 20+ a day). Thats 100 pidgeys, minimum of 300 candies. You'll also get a candy for every pidgeotto you transfer after the evolution trick, so we can pencil in 400 candies. You get 500 experience every time you evolve a pokemon. If you pop a lucky egg you get double experience for 30 minutes. So if you hoard pidgeys, caterpies, and weedles, pop a lucky egg, then spend all 30 minutes evolving them, youll get 1000xp per evolution (500 x 2) and you can do two evolutions a minute assuming you have the pokemon and candies (not hard at all if you just save up for 3-4 days). So thats 1000 x 2 x 30 for 60,000 experience points just sitting still in thirty minutes. So people like to pair it with insence and lures so you can get double xp for pokemon you catch and spinning the pokestop as well.
Well I already transferred all my redundant extra Pokemans for the candy

So what you're saying is this entire game is the equivalent to making iron daggers but you have to be outside to capture your iron ore.

I did try to download it on my Galaxy SIII, but I am too far behind the tech curve. Would have played for 20 minutes or so.

Haven't been able to get in the game today, hmm

I just consulted Wikipedia to learn what this is.

Jesus fucking Christ.

How can this be? I read that the game sends peeps to child molester residences.

Fuck our society

Superbug please take us all out (except jhmd)

Make him sole survivor like that twilight zone episode

Last edited:
I'm a grown ass man with a 7 year old.

You're just being an involved dad - ain't nothing wrong with that. Some of these other childless folk make me nervous. Like the adult women who used to collect beanie babies.

I wonder what it's like to hate fun.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I am so old I was wondering what all the references was to Pokemon was recently on the late night shows. Sounds like a cool app, might catch on more with old timers if they had used a different character platform than Pokemon, anyone old enough to remember that stupid card shit will probably stay clear of the game.

If they run out of other things to do...

You're just being an involved dad - ain't nothing wrong with that. Some of these other childless folk make me nervous. Like the adult women who used to collect beanie babies.

Or like virtual cat ladies.

Ph is 2 cool for Pokemon guys. So kool that he keeps coming back to this thread.

Shit, I just used 25 pokeballs trying to catch a 325 Pidgeot. Fucking pokemans

Back