• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Post Game Thoughts (Miami)

Last night in the post game Leonard said Devin got on him to rbd more and he did.

I did think Leonard and Dinos should have flipped defensive assignments last night. Dinos really did struggle to stay in front of his man. He was sagging so far off, that he allowed so many uncontested jumpers.

I mean, they didn't have a single player other than Reed make more than 1 three pointer. There wasn't really any need to get up on their 3 point shooters.

Speaking of free throws, when was the last time we were genuinely good at free throws? Does it go back to the ACC record streak?

Funny thing is, I think we still complained about free throws that season (ahead of that streak). I seem to remember the streak coming out of nowhere.

Yeah the 04-05 season (w/ the streak)... we were 68.4% (182nd nationally). But that was mostly because Big E was terrible at the line (56.9%) and shot by far the most free throws (225 vs. 187 for CP3, 118 for Gray).

I had forgotten that Downey missed to end the streak (and that kept us from winning the FSU game).

That FT streak is the most unlikely damn streak of all-time. And the circumstances of it -- going 100% in the UNC game (which is one of the 2 or 3 biggest games we've played in the past 20 years) and then having the streak broken when Downey (our best FT shooter) gets fouled MAKING a fucking 3-pointer at the buzzer while down 3 @ FSU....holy shit man holy shit.

Oh man, I'm a little late on this, but THE STREAK is one of my more explicit high school memories. I remember pundits said that there was no way we'd beat Carolina that season solely because of our TERRIBLE free throw shooting. To even have a chance, they said, we'd have to shoot lights out from the stripe. Then, BOOM, streak. WIN.

Then, curse of the throat slash. Eventually lose to fucking Florida State in OT.

My BOI von wafer was silly in that game doe.

More of a surprise than Big E making some FT's was Levy, 50% from the line for the year.

UNC Game

Levy 4-4
Vytas 6-6
Gray 4-4
Paul 9-9
Downey 5-5

FSU
Williams 6-6
Paul 10-10
Gray 2-2

Then, curse of the throat slash. Eventually lose to fucking Florida State in OT.

I distinctly remember the PTI guys losing their shit over the throat slash. You know, back when we were nationally relevant.

Back