• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Price or Skinner?

Who is the better football player?

• Skinner is a winner!!

Votes: 148 68.8%
  • The Price is right!!

Votes: 67 31.2%

• Total voters
Any Price fans want to reconsider after that final drive?

Ironically after tonight, Skinner's ballsiest drive of his career came against Ole Miss.

Price shriveled against Miss State.

Any Price fans want to reconsider after that final drive?

Yep - that is probably the biggest difference between Riley and Tanner right now. Skinner probably had 10 plus late game drives for game winning (or at least go ahead or tie) TDs or FGs. I don't think Tanner has had one single one yet in his career. In fact, he had pretty much fallen on his face when those chances have presented themselves. Hopefully he can make that next step over the next 2 seasons.

Yep - that is probably the biggest difference between Riley and Tanner right now. Skinner probably had 10 plus late game drives for game winning (or at least go ahead or tie) TDs or FGs. I don't think Tanner has had one single one yet in his career. In fact, he had pretty much fallen on his face when those chances have presented themselves. Hopefully he can make that next step over the next 2 seasons.

Selective memory. For every game winning drive that Skinner had, there were two potential game winning drives where he laid an egg. The BC fumble, the Navy game, etc. etc.

Yep. Clutch performances - 100% Skinner.

Selective memory. For every game winning drive that Skinner had, there were two potential game winning drives where he laid an egg. The BC fumble, the Navy game, etc. etc.

First of all - I certainly hope Price ends up being the most clutch QB in Wake history; however, at this point he has yet to produce a single late game scoring drive. Did Riley do it every single game? No, but he certainly had more than zero.

This is not close. Tanner sucked last year - very inaccurate. He has improved this year, but still has a long way to go. With continued improvement he'll be pretty good by his senior year, but to compare him to Skinner is truly ludicrous.

Honestly I can't believe more than 20 people voted price. And that was my thoughts even before tonight

I still dont understand why you people cant understand that Price has more raw talent as a QB but that doesnt undermine anything Skinner did

Skinner was not a talented QB. He was a talented leader, facilitator and a gamer. He made things happen, but that doesnt mean he was tremendously skilled

Put Skinners head on Tanner, or Tanners arm on Skinner and you have a hell of a QB

I still dont understand why you people cant understand that Price has more raw talent as a QB but that doesnt undermine anything Skinner did

Skinner was not a talented QB. He was a talented leader, facilitator and a gamer. He made things happen, but that doesnt mean he was tremendously skilled

Put Skinners head on Tanner, or Tanners arm on Skinner and you have a hell of a QB

+1 best all around answer on this thread.

Back