• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Price or Skinner?

Who is the better football player?

• Skinner is a winner!!

Votes: 148 68.8%
  • The Price is right!!

Votes: 67 31.2%

• Total voters
Holy shit this is a lot closer than it should be.

You young kids are idiots.

Go, please do offer us some of your wisdom, oh wise one. I'd love to hear some substantiation as to why young kids are idiots...

I'm staying with Price. In my opinion, both more technically proficient at this age and with more potential (both in terms of his individual development and the fact that our team is looking to be BAWSE going forward). If I'm wrong, then feel free to lambast this post in the future. It'll be easily searchable.

Last edited:
Depending on your definition of contender, he's basically saying this year's O would have beaten Clemson.

No they wouldn't of. They may have taken an early lead, but they would have sat on the ball and blown it. People are overrating how effective our offense was this season. They had great halves, but rarely did they ever play a complete game.

I think people are overrating how effective our offense was in 2006.

Not sure what that has to do with my post, but that is Skinner's only All-ACC season.

Not sure what that has to do with my post, but that is Skinner's only All-ACC season.

Dang, you're right. I could of sworn he was Second Team All-ACC his senior year. With him throwing only 9 TDs with 5 picks, 2006 must have been a down year for QBs.

Last edited:
Dang, you're right. I could of sworn he was Second Team All-ACC his senior year. With him throwing only 9 TDs qith 5 picks, 2006 must have been a down year for QBs.

Not really.

Matt Ryan was a junior. Weatherford and Glennon were sophomores. Thad Lewis was a freshman.

Skinner and Ball were at the bottom of the conference in passing yards but their teams had great defenses and enough playmakers on offense (esp. Calvin Johnson) to win games.

Last edited:
Price is better now than Skinner was as a soph, and I think Price will end up being better. But Skinner was way better at the end of his career than Price is now -- the ACC was a lot better Riley's last few years. Price takes too many sacks right now.

I think people are overrating how effective our offense was in 2006.

Not really.

Matt Ryan was a junior. Weatherford and Glennon were sophomores. Thad Lewis was a freshman.

Skinner and Ball were at the bottom of the conference in passing yards but their teams had great defenses and enough playmakers on offense (esp. Calvin Johnson) to win games.

hmmmm

Go, please do offer us some of your wisdom, oh wise one. I'd love to hear some substantiation as to why young kids are idiots...

Get back to me when Price leads us to 1. an ACC champ and 2. 3 bowl games in a row. (He's got a good start, hopefully we can get the W against Piss St)

Here's Wiki on Riley, these are tall shoes for Tanner to fill IMHO:

Skinner was named the 2006 ACC Rookie of the Year after leading the conference in passing efficiency, and he started 12 games for Wake Forest during the 2007 season, setting an ACC record for completion percentage in a season. In the 2009 season he broke the school record for touchdowns in a career vs North Carolina State with 45 touchdowns. The previous record was 44 that was held by former Wake Forest quarterbacks Brian Kuklick and Gary Schofield. Skinner threw for three touchdowns in a game against NC State. He broke the school record for completions in a career with 677 against Stanford, passing Kuklick. He is the second ACC player to throw for more than 2,000 yards in each of his four seasons. Philip Rivers became the first in 2003.

Riley Skinner is the better football player AS OF TODAY.

Price is the better athlete but you're telling me you're going into battle w/ him over the Riles?

Did you guys watch Wake Football from 2006-2008?

Price has the potential to be incredible in his last 2 seasons w/ the Deacs. I for one hope that in 2 years, we call Tanner the greatest QB ever to don the old gold and black.

When are people going to realize that Riley did not do anything it was all defense. What did he have that year 12tds 13ints, Tanner had 20 and 6 this year.

Says the guy who proclaimed Brendan Cross our QB of the future and four-year starter. How's that working out?

Last edited:
Says the guy who proclaimed Brendan Cross our QB of the future and four-year starter. How's that working out?

And he should have been if Price had not came to us as that was after Riley and before Tanner. Even though he has not had his shot to this day I still think he is a much better QB than Stachitas.

Riley Skinner is the better football player AS OF TODAY.

Price is the better athlete but you're telling me you're going into battle w/ him over the Riles?

Did you guys watch Wake Football from 2006-2008?

Price has the potential to be incredible in his last 2 seasons w/ the Deacs. I for one hope that in 2 years, we call Tanner the greatest QB ever to don the old gold and black.

Again Riley had excellent pocket presence and was a terrific field general, but again it was defense in 06-08. Right now Riley's ability to avoid sacks and take off and run and throw the ball away is what he has on Tanner. Anyone who watched Tanner this year towards the end of the season seen Tanner improve his taking off and pocket presence over the season and I think he gets even next year.

Depending on your definition of contender, he's basically saying this year's O would have beaten Clemson.

I think this years O would have easily handled UL and Clemson in 06 along with the D.

Again Riley had excellent pocket presence and was a terrific field general, but again it was defense in 06-08. Right now Riley's ability to avoid sacks and take off and run and throw the ball away is what he has on Tanner. Anyone who watched Tanner this year towards the end of the season seen Tanner improve his taking off and pocket presence over the season and I think he gets even next year.

I agree with this, Riley is probably one of the best game managing QBs in the ACC in the past 20 years.

Tanner has the potential to be very very special but after years 1&2, I'm taking Skinnnnnnnerrrrr!!!

Back