• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Price or Skinner?

Who is the better football player?

• Skinner is a winner!!

Votes: 148 68.8%
  • The Price is right!!

Votes: 67 31.2%

• Total voters
That was Riley's Sophomore season here are his stats:

236 326 72.4 2204 6.8 12 62 13 133.4

As you can see he had the 72.4 completion %, but he only had 12 tds to 13 int and his next to worst passer rating of 133.4. To go with 2200yds throwing. The comp. % was the only thing that was special that year. He probably dinked and dunked all year.

I'm pretty sure he only threw to Kenny Moore that year.

Skinner was the man. But I wouldn't trade Price. He gets the nod in my opinion.

When Price gets Wake to the Orange Bowl, this question will merit consideration.

If Tanner improves over his career to the same degree that Riley improved, Tanner will be something really special in his senior season. Too bad he could not red-shirt, however.

Skinner! Tanner throws a prettier deep ball but so far I would take Riley anyday. Why are we recruiting so many QB's?

When Price gets Wake to the Orange Bowl, this question will merit consideration.

Skinner did not get Wake to the Orange Bowl, Phonz, Curry, and the rest of the 06 defense did along with Swank.

If we are going purely on football skills, Tanner is by far better.

Skinner however is a winner

DeacdeTejas said:
demondeacfreak wrote: I'm pretty sure he only threw to Kenny Moore that year.

And my boy Nate Morton!

In Wake Forest offense, Wide receiver throws to you!

To answer the question, no doubt Riley is the more accomplished QB. But in terms of skill at the position Tanner is better.

Tanner is a better QB. Only time will tell if his college career will be as productive as Skinner's.

And the whole "Skinner took us to an Orange Bowl" argument is really, really flawed. The whole defense, Kenny Moore, Chip Vaughn's blocked FG, Sam Swank's 3 50+ yard field goals, etc etc. Skinner was a good game manager that season but a game manager nonetheless.

And the whole "Skinner took us to an Orange Bowl" argument is really, really flawed. The whole defense, Kenny Moore, Chip Vaughn's blocked FG, Sam Swank's 3 50+ yard field goals, etc etc. Skinner was a good game manager that season but a game manager nonetheless.

So, would Tanner have taken us to the Orange Bowl with the same team? Hard to say one way or another, but being a game manager is one of the key roles of a QB, so Skinner taking us to the Orange Bowl argument doesn't seem that flawed to me.

So, would Tanner have taken us to the Orange Bowl with the same team? Hard to say one way or another, but being a game manager is one of the key roles of a QB, so Skinner taking us to the Orange Bowl argument doesn't seem that flawed to me.

I've seen nothing from Price that suggests he wouldn't be capable of doing exactly what Skinner did that season :noidea:

Back