• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Price or Skinner?

Who is the better football player?

• Skinner is a winner!!

Votes: 148 68.8%
  • The Price is right!!

Votes: 67 31.2%

• Total voters
Wake winning the ACC and going to the Orange Bowl was attibutable only to "lightning in a bottle." The quarterback and all of the players were just along for the ride.

Wake winning the ACC and going to the Orange Bowl was attibutable only to "lightning in a bottle." The quarterback and all of the players were just along for the ride.

Baloney...you make your own fkin lightning and that's what those boys did. They believed in one another. Coaching staff brought them together and with a touch of alchemy they concocted a championship formula. A bunch of "winners" on those teams.

The names " Arnoux, Curry, Skinner, Vaughn, Justice, Moore, Phonz" will be supplanted by a New Brand of Deacon in the form of "Olson, Thompson, Whitlock, Jackson, Noel, Price, Mack, Summers, Ford, Preble" and a potential list of real contributors a good bit larger than the 2006 bunch.

These New Deacons (in this bowl game) are on the first leg of a 3 year run up to 2014. Gonna be a helluva ride behind a helluva QB!

Also, Tanner just lost to Vanderbilt 41-7. The kid's gonna be good, however lets just have him play more than a season and a half before we annoint him.

Last edited:
The only knocks on Price (vis-a-vis Skinner) is he has a lot of passes deflected, he takes inopportune sacks and he hasn't led a 4th quarter comeback a la Skinner vs. Ole Miss/Stanford/etc. All three of those flaws culminated on the 3-and-out drive against Clemson. That being said, if the question is "Who is the better football player?" it's gotta be Price. He will work on his flaws while improving his accuracy, arm strength and mobility (which are currently superior to Skinner's abilities IMO). His Syracuse game was amazing to watch.

I've seen nothing from Price that suggests he wouldn't be capable of doing exactly what Skinner did that season :noidea:

The difference is that Riley actually did it.

I have lived with Deacon "potential" for over 50 years, but Riley actually did it...and did it when no one thought that it was remotely a potential.

I have lived with Deacon "potential" for over 50 years, but Riley actually did it...and did it when no one thought that it was remotely a potential.

Well right...but the point is that the Orange Bowl team won because of their defense. Tanner hasn't had that luxury here.

The vast majoirty of those teams had no potential. They sucked.

Holy shit this is a lot closer than it should be.

You young kids are idiots.

If nothing else, Tanner's numbers have improved as the team relied on him more this year than last. While I liked him and loved what he accomplished, it's tough to argue that Skinner improved as the team came to rely on him more and more.

Holy shit this is a lot closer than it should be.

You young kids are idiots.

I assume this means you favor Skinner

The question is who is the better football player

I took that to mean purely skill set as a player. So Price. And its not even close.

If the question was better Wake Forest QB, the answer would be Skinner. And it wouldnt be close

When are people going to realize that Riley did not do anything it was all defense. What did he have that year 12tds 13ints, Tanner had 20 and 6 this year.

Put this years O on the 06 D and we have contender for NC. It was team effort in the Vandy loss no one showed up not just Tanner.

So, would Tanner have taken us to the Orange Bowl with the same team? Hard to say one way or another, but being a game manager is one of the key roles of a QB, so Skinner taking us to the Orange Bowl argument doesn't seem that flawed to me.

I think so Skinners season to season numbers was not that impressive at Wake, he just managed the game well. And I can't say he didn't make mistakes I think 3 out of 4 seasons I know at least two he had more ints than tds. Closest thing to what Tanner did this year was a 20 12 senior year.

Back