• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Pro Life / Pro Choice Debate

They lied under oath about Roe, they are going to dismantle the administrative state entirely -- they'll do whatever they want.

The strategy seems to be to narrow law down to only what is explicitly stated. 14th didn't explicitly state abortion and gay marriage, so they aren't included.

I don't think "college aged women won't apply to schools in red states" is going to be a persuasive argument

I don't think "college aged women won't apply to schools in red states" is going to be a persuasive argument

Yeah. Red state Republicans want to consolidate control. Fewer young leftists and left-leaning businesses in their states help them do that.

Last edited:

Yeah. FL is currently literally trying to get rid of liberal professors and ended tenure, they'll have no problem with northern women staying in the north.

I saw somewhere that companies sell data about cell phones that ping at abortion clinics. And it's possible governments could get data from apps that track periods.

It's not far fetched that state governments would track who goes to clinics across the border or go to the Supreme Court for the right to force other states to give up information about out-of-staters who go to their clinics.

One thing that many people in the general public probably aren't aware of is just how draconian a lot of these anti-abortion laws are going to be in many states. They won't just abolish abortion, they'll make it crime even if the woman gets the abortion out-of-state, and they'll also make it a crime for anyone to assist said woman in getting an abortion out-of-state. They also will make no exceptions for rape or incest, or even if the mother's life could be in danger. It's going to be brutal in many red states.

Yep, they are going to swing for the fences so that when part of the law gets repealed they still have the basics of abortion being illegal.

I eagerly await the mental pretzel that Alito will twist himself into when a pub-passed federal abortion ban is challenged by a state that has legalized abortion. Pretty much the inverse of what happened now. And I know which way he will rule.

Yep, they are going to swing for the fences so that when part of the law gets repealed they still have the basics of abortion being illegal.

I eagerly await the mental pretzel that Alito will twist himself into when a pub-passed federal abortion ban is challenged by a state that has legalized abortion. Pretty much the inverse of what happened now. And I know which way he will rule.

“It’s not in the Constitution but should be”

After spending years and years of listening to conservatives bitch and moan about "activist judges", I think we're all about to get a remarkable and historic demonstration of what activist judges really look like. Five of them, as a matter of fact.

For all those who think that Republicans will only go so far with overturning longstanding previous Court rulings, or that overturning Roe v. Wade won't make it open season on any previous Court ruling or legislation or anything else they don't like, here's this gem from the Governor of Texas - he's considering challenging a 1982 Court ruling that requires all states to provide free public schooling to all children, including undocumented immigrants. But if you overturn that ruling, why limit it to just children of undocumented immigrants? Why have free public schools at all?

Last edited:
After spending years and years of listening to conservatives bitch and moan about "activist judges", I think we're all about to get a remarkable and historic demonstration of what activist judges really look like. Five of them, as a matter of fact.

Yeah but they’re taking away things that shouldn’t have been there in the first place not adding new things you see

Back