• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Pro Life / Pro Choice Debate

By chance did the bounty hunter flash a FBI credential with the name of Alonzo Mosely?

col anus gleefully celebrating the texas republican trampling of an individual's rights and autonomy over their own body.

[h=1]Mexico decriminalizes abortion, a dramatic step in world’s second-biggest Catholic country[/h]https://www.washingtonpost.com/world/2021/09/07/mexico-abortion-supreme-court/

Texas can GO BACK TO MEXICO!!!1!!!!1

Go back to their shithole country!!!111

Well there goes that idea.

Fuck Texas. Time to boycott any business based in the state.

What a fucking fascist power grab this law is. Not only does it violate women’s rights...it allows private citizens to sue other private citizens for aiding and abetting an abortion.

Unfucking-believable from “the party of limited government”.

Can't boycott Tito's...But I'll boycott the rest. Thank God Texas Pete isn't from Texas !

Abortion: When will we as a country wake up to the truth?

I’m beginning to think these people don’t understand that 6 weeks is barely past “hmm, my period is late.”

Conservatives seem to think people are in permanent classes like criminal, rapist, or poor.

Last edited:
I’m beginning to think these people don’t understand that 6 weeks is barely past “hmm, my period is late.”

Conservatives seem to think people are in permanent classes like criminal, rapist, or poor.

Somehow, they equate pulsing of cells to equal human life.

Gotta be honest, I thought the heart came before the heartbeat. Guess that’s not true in Texas.

Actually, it is human life.

The question is do we recognize early gestational forms of human life as a person with legal rights.

Important voice for all women.

I always find it ironic that these complete morons who denounce science at every turn and clearly have no idea how the basics of pregnancy work are completely reliant on technology like ultrasounds to force their anti-science beliefs on women.

[h=1]Pete Buttigieg’s kids will be fine without a mom. Right-wingers should be happy he ‘chose life’[/h][h=2]The couple welcomed baby twins into their family over the weekend — and prompted the immediate ire of right-wing commentators who supposedly support adoption

[/h]
https://www.independent.co.uk/voices/pete-buttigieg-chasten-adopt-baby-twins-abortion-b1915927.html

Pete and Chasten Buttigieg chose life.

In case you missed the happy announcement, the Transportation Secretary and his husband have become the proud papas of adorable twins. Announcing the news over the holiday weekend, the couple said that they are “delighted to welcome Penelope Rose and Joseph August Buttigieg to our family,” with Joseph being named for the Secretary’s late father.

It’s a heartwarming statement, and, as a nationwide debate rages over abortion and women’s reproductive choices, you would think the right would be touting the Buttigieges as an example of adoption being the better option.

You thought wrong. Conservatives across the internet went apoplectic, reminding Pete, Chasten, and the rest of us that when they say “adoption is an option,” they don’t mean adoption by gay people. Rather, they only mean those who fit their own narrow definition of what a family is or should be. By denigrating the Buttigieges, however, the right is showing its true face — and it’s ugly enough to scare a baby. Clearly, anti-choice politics are not about saving babies, but about controlling women’s reproductive labor and reinforcing heteronormative concepts about who and want makes a family.

Clearly, collectively speaking, gay parents are doing something right. Yet the scorn with which many so-called “pro-life” activists reacted to the announcement that the biological mother of these children and the two men who will become their fathers “chose life” is jarring. “Where are the mothers? My heart goes out to these infants,” anti-choice activist and right-wing commentator Lila Rose tweeted at the Secretary in response to his announcement. Liberty Hangout, which touts itself as “the official home of Kaitlin Bennett,” another right-wing commentator, tweeted that “Pete Buttigieg did not have kids. He stole them from a mother that did.”

This is particularly jarring given the current national debate over abortion in light of the new Texas law putting a bounty on pregnant women. Many anti-choice activists, including Rose, advocate for adoption over abortion and speak as though they do so out of a concern for mothers and pregnant people. However, they don’t want to pay for an expanded welfare state which might help struggling mothers in poverty. They don’t want to pay for a better foster system. And, as their reaction to the Buttigieg baby announcement shows, they don’t want queers adopting, either.
After all, Pete and Chasten seem to have done exactly what anti-choice advocates claim they want to see: they adopted. They chose life, as did the children’s mother. Such a visible public figure as a cabinet secretary choosing to adopt would be an example the pro-life movement touts and encourages others to follow if it were actually about saving babies. But it isn’t.

In rushing to condemn the Buttigieges, conservatives have done the rest of us a favor by betraying their true motives. Anti-choice activism is not about saving babies or ending abortion. Rather, it is about policing how other people live — be they pregnant teenagers or cabinet secretaries.

No updates on bounty hunters or impregnated cocktail waitresses today, Ph?

Must be a slow news day on Kendall Brown's twitter feed.

I am strongly against the Texas abortion law.

But if it stops Californians from moving here, and keeps people boycotting us, then at least some good can come from it.

All he will have to do is allow private citizens to collect bounties of $10,000 on anyone who commits or assists in the committing of rape or sexual assault. While he is at, he will probably create $10,000 bounties on anyone who hires illegal immigrants or assists in the hiring of illegal immigrants. As these are the main problems he is concerning himself with, I can't see why he wont just make those laws today?

Back