• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Props to Wolford

Agree with tigerswood.

I'm agreeing with his disagreement with numbers. All good.

Really? I feel like he has the much stronger arm and puts more on his passes - sometimes too much, like Cam Newton. I'll be much more worried about his placement and touch on the back shoulder and seam throws, which have indeed been Wolford's bread and butter recently.

Could be - I'll have to rewatch some of Hinton's games from early last year on the zip v. placement comparison.

I think 2.5 or so? He messed his knee up against Delaware in the third game.

I think I've heard that 3 games or under is the unofficial number where you can get a medical redshirt. Every case is different though.

I guess just the knowledge, if I'm even remembering correctly, that he *could* have come back late in the season made me eliminate any hope of the medical redshirt.

I think I've heard that 3 games or under is the unofficial number where you can get a medical redshirt. Every case is different though.

Yeah I believe if you play under 25% of the games in NCAAF due to an injury you can petition for a medical redshirt. Definitely read that somewhere a while back.

The habit of being contrarian is obnoxious; but I suppose it is something that one must live with on sports message boards...at least this one. It is still obnoxious.

I don't think anyone here is being contrarian. Furthermore I don't think being contrarian is at all obnoxious.

It's almost like you think that some people will argue just for the sake of arguing with no real point to make. I could not disagree more stongly. You could not possibly be more wrong about that.

Really? I feel like he has the much stronger arm and puts more on his passes - sometimes too much, like Cam Newton. I'll be much more worried about his placement and touch on the back shoulder and seam throws, which have indeed been Wolford's bread and butter recently.

My only concern with Hinton (which I believe will be corrected with experience and practice) is his penchant to pull it and try to run it himself too often. I think when the is the guy, he'll get a better feel for the best option off any certain read, but he's not quite there yet. If that clicks - watch out.

I believe the Quarterback position could be a strong position for years to come with the recruiting we're doing

Hinton does a great job with the deep throws but his accuracy on the medium and short throws has been inconsistent, but not uniformly bad. The key for him is will he be as good on the RPO fakes and reads as John has been

Hinton does a great job with the deep throws but his accuracy on the medium and short throws has been inconsistent, but not uniformly bad. The key for him is will he be as good on the RPO fakes and reads as John has been

He was better on the fakes than Wolford already. Wolford has improved tremendously on the reads. I would expect Hinton to do the same.

This has probably been discussed a lot, but is Wolford faster than Hinton? I seem to recall that Wolford is faster straight line speed. They're both pretty fast so it's likely not a big deal, but curious if anyone knows.

I think they had similar 40 times. That's all I know.

Wolford torched Jackson for 6 tds? I don't remember Jackson playing Defense that game. Jackson did have 491 yards of total offense and 4 tds himself though.

Syracuse, as this was a comment made by Dino Babers.

This has probably been discussed a lot, but is Wolford faster than Hinton? I seem to recall that Wolford is faster straight line speed. They're both pretty fast so it's likely not a big deal, but curious if anyone knows.

In high school they ran about the same 40.

Today I would take Wolford in the 100m over Hinton all day long, but I bet Hinton has a much faster shuttle time.

Back