• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Putin for the Nobel Peace Prize

In all reality he did just steer us clear from starting a war. While he doesn't deserve a Peace prize I will honestly praise him for his work. He navigated the past two months of turmoil flawlessly.

What a shock! Wrangor thinks it's all Putin and that Putin wanted to this without any pressure.

What a shock! Wrangor thinks it's all Putin and that Putin wanted to this without any pressure.

What a shock! RJ is the only person on this board that thinks otherwise.

Weill it was Sadat and Begin for Camp David. Maybe it should be Putin and Obama this time :)

What's sadly expected here is the level of hatred of Obama obscures the basic facts of this situation- If Putin doesn't deliver, he looks weak to the world and to his country. If he does deliver, it harms his biggest pawn in the region.

If he delivers, the US gets far more than we ever hoped we'd get by bombing. If Putin doesn't deliver, the world will support us in whatever we choose to do.

I realize this is Logic 101.

Eh, Obama rightfully deserves to be mocked for getting the Nobel Peace Price. Its not really a knock on him, just the fucking idiots that actually give out the award. It was sad and pathetic.

I'm about as far from a RW-er as one can get, and I think Obama getting a Nobel Peace Prize is a sham.

Actually, based on "Logic 101" Putin is far more deserving than Obama was at the time. Can anybody actually explain the reasons (i.e. not "he wasn't Bush") that Obama received the award in the first place?

The Peace Prize was an absolute insult to Bush. Even Obama said he didn't deserve it.

Putin is just making Obama look foolish (not that he needs any help with that). At least Bush was able to see into Putin's soul.

Just exactly how many other people on this board do you think agree with you. Bob Knight maybe? Anyone else? Just curious as to who else you think believes that Obama deserves the credit for any good that comes out of this (and to be honest, I am not sure what good is going to come out of it other than Obama not bombing Syria). Assad is continuing his campaign of killing the rebels, he is just doing it with standard weapons.

Putin prevented the US for doing something stupid. That is why he deserves credit.

I don't care how many people agree with me. Virtually no one agreed with me in the year leading up the invasion of Iraq. Who was right about that?

You have absolutely NO credibility when it comes to anything Obama. You blamed him personally for Benghazi. You were certain he had something to do with Fast and Furious. You though he was involved with the IRS non-scandal.

You also neglect the work was done at the G20.

The only people who think Obama's threats to bomb had nothing to do with Putin coming to the table are people like who would complain if Obama personally cured cancer. You'd bitch that he did nothing about diabetes.

If you really think the threats about bombing had nothing to do with Putin throwing Assad under the bus, you are way too far gone.

Back