• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Putin for the Nobel Peace Prize

I don't care how many people agree with me. Virtually no one agreed with me in the year leading up the invasion of Iraq. Who was right about that?

You have absolutely NO credibility when it comes to anything Obama. You blamed him personally for Benghazi. You were certain he had something to do with Fast and Furious. You though he was involved with the IRS non-scandal.

You also neglect the work was done at the G20.

The only people who think Obama's threats to bomb had nothing to do with Putin coming to the table are people like who would complain if Obama personally cured cancer. You'd bitch that he did nothing about diabetes.

If you really think the threats about bombing had nothing to do with Putin throwing Assad under the bus, you are way too far gone.

O Christ, Obama is a disaster RJ. You're sounding like a Bzziner at this point.

CAT, you are being a typical hater. You can't dispute any of the points so you make an attack.

Wrangor and others thought Fast & Furious was planned by Obama and Holder - they were proven wrong.

Wrangor and his buddies said Benghazi was a planned coverup by Obama- once again proven to be totally wrong.

Wrangor and his buddies said the "IRS Scandal" was planned Obama and his staff- again proven categorically wrong.

Each of these are historical facts.

Daddy Bush's UN Ambassador and Ambassador to Israel said publicly without Obama's real threats to bomb Syria were a major factor in getting Putin to force Assad to sign the treaty.

If actually looked at realistically, you'd understand that Putin is on the line and has to deliver. If this doesn't go through, it's 100% his fault.

If it does go through, we got much more than we hoped.

I understand nothing Obama is good to you or many other people here. But you are as wrong about this as Wrangor and the others were about F&F and thew IRS non-scandal.

You guy MUST believe Obama is as bad as you keep wanting him to be or five years of your actions make you look really bad.

Obama was not going to bomb anyone. The Congress was not going along with his plans. What was he going to tell the American people after that? He and McCain deserve one another.

I think Obama has some leadership issues but I don't think he's been any sort of "disaster." His entire agenda has been totally obscured by the Congress being at gridlock. I know GOPers say that he should show "more leadership" and get shit done, but the GOP doesn't want to play ball. You have to give up at least something to get something in return and the Republicans refuse to give much up.

I don't care how many people agree with me. Virtually no one agreed with me in the year leading up the invasion of Iraq. Who was right about that?

You have absolutely NO credibility when it comes to anything Obama. You blamed him personally for Benghazi. You were certain he had something to do with Fast and Furious. You though he was involved with the IRS non-scandal.

The only people who think Obama's threats to bomb had nothing to do with Putin coming to the table are people like who would complain if Obama personally cured cancer. You'd bitch that he did nothing about diabetes.

If you really think the threats about bombing had nothing to do with Putin throwing Assad under the bus, you are way too far gone.

How did Putin throw Assad under the bus? Oh yeah, he virtually assured Assad victory in the civil war; all but guaranteed no US intervention; broke the will of Assad's opposition by isolating them; guaranteed they (the Russians) will maintain key ally in the region; got Assad off the hook after he crossed the red line using chemical weapons. All Assad has to do is sign an agreement not to use chemical weapons and enter a tap dance with UN and US inspectors searching for an inventory of easily replaceable weapons. Assad should be hanged for the atrocity he committed. Instead he's getting off with a slap on the wrist.

I think Obama has some leadership issues but I don't think he's been any sort of "disaster." His entire agenda has been totally obscured by the Congress being at gridlock. I know GOPers say that he should show "more leadership" and get shit done, but the GOP doesn't want to play ball. You have to give up at least something to get something in return and the Republicans refuse to give much up.

So we can agree that Obama's presidency has been worthless? Because from what I've learned James Buchanan had great intentions as well. But he didn't have the fortitude to get anything done. Having an opposing party in Congress trying to block everything you do is nothing new, Obama is just a fake ass sellout. He cares far more about his people being taken care off, than actually helping this country.

He's Bush, but far more dishonest about it.

He's nothing more than the sad little Chicago shill that a lot of us saw from the beginning. He's a little bitch.

How did Putin throw Assad under the bus? Oh yeah, he virtually assured Assad victory in the civil war; all but guaranteed no US intervention; broke the will of Assad's opposition by isolating them; guaranteed they (the Russians) will maintain key ally in the region; got Assad off the hook after he crossed the red line using chemical weapons. All Assad has to do is sign an agreement not to use chemical weapons and enter a tap dance with UN and US inspectors searching for an inventory of easily replaceable weapons. Assad should be hanged for the atrocity he committed. Instead he's getting off with a slap on the wrist.

Assad used having chemical weapons as a buffer against extremists and Israel. Assad and Putin each had said there were no chemical weapons. Now they have to deliver about 1000 tons of them or look like they are hiding them.

If you listened to Obama, Cameron and Hollande, each is talking about a transition from Assad.

There are many other articles like this one:

http://www.ft.com/cms/s/0/afe18446-1e14-11e3-85e0-00144feab7de.html#axzz2f0j2lxQE

"But the episode also highlighted weaknesses that could damage the Assad regime’s value to its allies and its longer term prospects for survival. Without chemical weapons, Syria is less of a threat to Israel and thus less of an asset to its military ally and financial patron, Iran – although Tehran has publicly welcomed the agreement.

If he ends up signing this deal and giving up his weapons he will have lost his role as an asset,” said Sami Nader, professor of political science at Lebanon’s Saint Joseph University. “If the deal is respected he will be less important on the geopolitical map.”

Mr Assad’s father, Hafez al-Assad, built up Syria to be a relatively significant regional player to be feared and respected, playing regional and global powers against each other while maintaining a modicum of independence.

Already dependent economically and militarily on Iran and its Lebanese ally Hizbollah, Mr Assad also finds himself ever more beholden to Russia, a patron with a long record of sacrificing vassals for its own ends.

The swiftness by which Mr Assad agreed to give up weapons he and his father accumulated over 40 years will also be seen by many in the region as a sign of weakness.

“For years and years the regime in Damascus prided itself on being a steadfast rejectionist state – standing up to American and Israeli designs,” said Hilal Khashan, a professor of political science at American University of Beirut. “The fact that he gave up so quickly and agreed to join the chemical weapons treaty and give up his strategic chemical weapons just because the US sent a few ships to the eastern Mediterranean and threatened to strike him tells us something about his capabilities.”

In Israel, which keeps close watch on Syria’s chemical weapons capability, Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu cautiously welcomed the US-Russian “understandings” on Syria, but said they must lead to the destruction of Mr Assad’s arsenal.

“The understandings between the United States and Russia will be tested with results on the ground – the complete destruction of all the chemical weapons stockpiles used by the Syrian regime against its citizens,” Mr Netanyahu said at a public ceremony Sunday in comments published by local media.

Earlier on Sunday Yuval Steinitz, intelligence minister, told Army Radio that the deal’s advantage was “that it’s a very thorough agreement”. The disadvantage, he said, lay in the agreement’s extended timeframe, which would allow “many things to happen”.

He added: “We know Assad.”

Though some worry the deal gives Mr Assad a green light to intensify his onslaught against Syria’s rebels and as long as he
uses only conventional weapons, the Syrian opposition’s patrons also are stepping up their efforts to arm the rebels.

Despite the efforts of the Syrian regime’s military and its backing by Hizbollah fighters, the conflict remains mostly at a stalemate, with reports that rebels have even made some recent advances. Syrian opposition leaders on Sunday demanded that any international agreement include limits on the Assad regime’s use of air power.

“The Americans are interested in maintaining an equilibrium,” said Mr Khashan. “If the Assad regime uses the agreement to escalate attacks, the Americans and their allies will step up their munitions supplies to the rebels.”

I have never made a post about him and fast and furious. In fact that happened not too long into his first term if I am correct when I was clearly on the Obama bandwagon.

You truly live in your own little world. I would seriously go seek help. You make stuff up so often I think you believe it is true.

Go fuck yourself!

It must be hard to be as wrong as often as you are.

Your screen name should be WRONGOR

Last edited:
Go fuck yourself!

And then, when called out on his lies, he responds like a child. This monkey dances on command! A round of applause for RJKarl folks. His next performance will be in 30 minutes.

RJ can't actually believe half the shit he posts, can he? This isn't second grade, sweetheart. Nobody gives a fuck about how they're perceived. That means absolutely nothing.

WRONGOR is dead on. All Putin has done is guaranteed victory for Assad, which is actually fine with me. I could give a fuck less. Until they realize what a sham their religion (well all religion) is then I'll let their god(s) sort it out. Plus allowing Islamists to run a country, benefits the West 0% of the time. Sadly most people in the Arab World are so brainwashed and undereducated (and desperate, to be fair) that they'd elect Bin Laden to run their country if they could.

And I'll take the lesser of two evils.

I keep forgetting that Wrongor and others know more than a man who was UN Ambassador, Ambassador to Israel, Ambassador to Russia, has known Putin for close to twenty years and has contacts with every major government in the region.

I can't believe you guys haven't been consulted since you know so much more than they do.

If in the end Assad is out and the chemical weapons are out and we didn't have to get more involved militarily, then Obama and Putin both should get plenty of credit.

We'll see. Hope so.

Connor what are you thinking? Obama gets no credit. He's a lucky buffoon who did nothing. You should listen to Wrongor and his buddies rather Ambassador Pickering and the Israelis.

I keep forgetting that Wrongor and others know more than a man who was UN Ambassador, Ambassador to Israel, Ambassador to Russia, has known Putin for close to twenty years and has contacts with every major government in the region.

I can't believe you guys haven't been consulted since you know so much more than they do.

The same guy who's giving my "raw data" to Israel.

Fuck him. Fuck all these cunts.

The less this police state we live in does, the better.

If in the end Assad is out and the chemical weapons are out and we didn't have to get more involved militarily, then Obama and Putin both should get plenty of credit.

We'll see. Hope so.

The only reason were at this point is because someone in the Shine Boy's ear told him he needed to man up. So he drew a red line that happened to make him bunk partners with Al Queda.

And now he's responsible for keeping us out of a lose-lose military conflict? Maybe we should just give him a Nobel Peace Price, oh wait.

Maybe we should see how things turn out first.

So we are not allowed to comment on how we got here? And in your first comment you said that if Assad is out Obama and Putin deserve credit. What evidence do you have that Assad is on his way out? He is by no means out. In fact he is almost guaranteed victory at this point. Which is fine by me other than the fact that we will now have a leader in the region that can tell all the other crazies that they don't have to fear the US anymore (which is exactly what Assad is already doing). We legitimize Assad by agreeing to the handover. It was our only option at that point but Assad is happy to hand over the weapons and join the treaty. He trades some weapons for international legitimacy. Big win for him.

I am as glad as you are that we aren't getting involved but we still took a hit. Our resolve has been compromised because we resolved to do something stupid and were called out on it. Fortunately we backed off the ledge but that doesn't change that there are negative long term consequences to acting like we did.

We lost the moral right to war in Iraq and we just confirmed it in the worlds eyes by trying to take military action again without the worlds consent. If we are going to be one nation among many (which is Obamas philosophy) then we need to actually back up the words from the get go. Not merely give in to Putin after he has put us in the timeout chair.

Last edited:
The only reason were at this point is because someone in the Shine Boy's ear told him he needed to man up.

That someone is republicans, who treat anyone who doesn't posture like he has a big American cock as unpatriotic, and weak on foreign policy. Fucking cowboy diplomacy. They goaded Obama into this shit, which is indicative of the larger problem: Obama gets led around by his opposition. It's embarrassing.

Back