• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

QB Going Forward

If grimes catches the two balls that he should have it would have looked a lot better
Even though we won, I'm still pissed about Grimes dropping that TD pass in the 1st half.

And the Great Santino should get the start. He did nothing last night to that would cause him to be benched. Plus we won the game.

14 of 22 with 0 TDs, 0 picks, but 2 fumbles, with 5 sacks and 166 yards in a loss gives you more confidence?

Neither are that good but Santino led a game winning TD drive in one of the most thrilling finishes in Wake football history.
Ha. No. It may not really matter who plays.

Even though we won, I'm still pissed about Grimes dropping that TD pass in the 1st half.

And the Great Santino should get the start. He did nothing last night to that would cause him to be benched. Plus we won the game.
Was it possible to catch it, yes. However, the replay looked like he was stretched completely out and was only able to get fingertips on the back 3rd of the ball, hard to haul that in.

One of Santino's picks was a timing/route issue imo, the other was just thrown up as a grab (and probably didn't need to be forcing in that situation either) so hopefully a learning moment.

Santino did look like the most capable running QB of the 3 we've seen play so far, not a super high bar I know, but that's another point in his favor.

ETA if Grimes pulls in that first TD his stat line obviously looks even better, that throw was on the money.
The throw to Banks in the endzone was also on the money. He got held like crazy and went nuts afterwards.

Last edited:
I think in making the starting decision, Clawson and staff need to ask themselves, HONESTLY, is Mitch Griffis the long-term future for this program? I think any objective assessment would be "no". If that is their answer, mine doesn't count, then I see no reason not explore whether Marucci could be the answer until a more suitable replacement is found. And if he blossoms, let him be your guy until graduation and then you have a stronger bench from which to draw. I mean if it was Hartman injured, I totally get it. Griffis is certainly not Hartman.

If anything, I'd be weighing between Marucci and Kern at this point.

I think in making the starting decision, Clawson and staff need to ask themselves, HONESTLY, is Mitch Griffis the long-term future for this program? I think any objective assessment would be "no". If that is their answer, mine doesn't count, then I see no reason not explore whether Marucci could be the answer until a more suitable replacement is found. And if he blossoms, let him be your guy until graduation and then you have a stronger bench from which to draw. I mean if it was Hartman injured, I totally get it. Griffis is certainly not Hartman.

If anything, I'd be weighing between Marucci and Kern at this point.
It seems pretty obvious that the long term future answer isn’t on the roster. So I guess go with whoever gives you the best chance to win games. I don’t know who that is. Tough situation all around

Doesn't matter who we trot out there cuz we will lose by at least 4 TDs. It's simply a matter of who you want to get the reps and game experience and it shouldn't be Griffis. Kern, IMHO.

Back