• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

QB Going Forward

Clawson honestly thinks Mitch is similar to Wolford who struggled in the beginning. What he can't see or remember is that Wolford had way less talent around him than Griffis and when given the time that Griffis has, Wolford looked good. So he continues to play Mitch thinking it will pay off but we all can see in multiple facets that Griffis just can't play at this level.

Clawson honestly thinks Mitch is similar to Wolford who struggled in the beginning. What he can't see or remember is that Wolford had way less talent around him than Griffis and when given the time that Griffis has, Wolford looked good. So he continues to play Mitch thinking it will pay off but we all can see in multiple facets that Griffis just can't play at this level.
Someone yelled from behind me at the game Saturday vs FSU that “we have the worst skill players in the country.” 🤣

I guess our fans are buying into the clawson quotes that Griffis is in fact a victim of the sorry talent around him. Ridiculous.

Clawson wants to win games. He's making decisions that he thinks give us the best chance to win games. Everyone is entitled to criticizing his decisions. I personally would've bailed on Mitch after first half of ODU and never looked back. But they didn't ask Creamy his opinion

I see people are still totally unable to come to terms with the fact that (i) Mitch Griffis sucks as a QB and (ii) Mitch Griffis is our best option at QB. It’s not that hard to understand y’all. Plenty of far better programs have missed on QBs. It happens. All that matters is how we move forward beyond this season.

I see people are still totally unable to come to terms with the fact that (i) Mitch Griffis sucks as a QB and (ii) Mitch Griffis is our best option at QB. It’s not that hard to understand y’all. Plenty of far better programs have missed on QBs. It happens. All that matters is how we move forward beyond this season.
Yep

I think this is where we are. Clawson did mention he was encouraged by our NIL commitment. I hope it helps him come December/January because God knows we need it. I plan to attend the NIL meeting pre-NCSU next week and hope to learn more. I'm glad to contribute but it's going to take a ton of us to pony up.

I can't believe Mitch Griffis is the best option at QB because in the games that matter, I've seen the other two QBs perform better than Griffis with fewer practice reps or game experience.

There’s just no way Mitch can start this week. The offense will remain completely inept. I cannot watch him simply dance around and get sacked again.
That's what we said prior to last week.

Prepare for Duke's defense with all their injuries and second team guys to force us to pass and then that's another week of dancing and getting sacked.

In the little I've seen Kern, he looked like a much better option than Mitch. Even Santino looked like an upgrade. It's mind boggling that people think Mitch is the best option just because Clawson keeps playing him.

He certainly keeps implying it.
Where? I've heard him say OL play is bad. I've heard him say RB pass protection needs work. But I haven't heard him criticize WRs at all.

Where? I've heard him say OL play is bad. I've heard him say RB pass protection needs work. But I haven't heard him criticize WRs at all.

It’s not Clawson but a certain someone has implied every good seeming player on our team is not good and that’s why we are bad

I’m unable to come to terms with that fact being that Griffis has a qbr ranking of 126. Lower than mason effing Garcia for Ecu and jurkovec who is now apparently a TE. So if Griffis is the best option we have then that means we have 3 quarterbacks worse than those 2 bums. Yikes!

But yes, this season is clearly and has been toast. Important off-season to say the least.

I’m unable to come to terms with that fact being that Griffis has a qbr ranking of 126. Lower than mason effing Garcia for Ecu and jurkovec who is now apparently a TE. So if Griffis is the best option we have then that means we have 3 quarterbacks worse than those 2 bums. Yikes!

But yes, this season is clearly and has been toast. Important off-season to say the least.
I just don't buy that that's true. Kern looked awesome that Virginia Tech game minus the missed block from the RB leading to the strip sack. He was poised, accurate, and got the ball out quickly. I honestly think we're sitting at 6-2 had he been the starter from day 1. Santino didn't look as good as Kern to me but looked like with some reps he could develop into an average acc level QB.

But for some reason Clawson thinks Mitch is the answer and like a gambling addict keeps doubling down. It's so mind boggling to me that it half makes me wonder if Mitch has some kind of dirt on Clawson. I know that's crazy talk but I don't know how you see what Mitch has done and keep playing him. Makes no rational sense.

I think this is where we are. Clawson did mention he was encouraged by our NIL commitment. I hope it helps him come December/January because God knows we need it. I plan to attend the NIL meeting pre-NCSU next week and hope to learn more. I'm glad to contribute but it's going to take a ton of us to pony up.
When are these meetings? For only super high rollers? I’m giving every month and would love some kind of update that there is light at the end of this tunnel.

This seems contradictory. We were in that position due to the qb play. I’m still stunned he wasn’t benched that game. And then the debacle vs GT. I guess that should’ve been our signal that we’d be stuck with him all season barring injury.
Yes, I’m saying if Kern starts that game we win easily, since we don’t give ODU 14 points

Back