• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Question for Buzziners

My question for the Bzzinners is if they will pull a bobknightfan and get some UNC gear, come to LJVM to cheer the Heels, and get all pissy and frothed at Wake and swear never to support the Deacs again because of the way they mistreated poor ol' Bzz.

FWIW, I recently spoke w/ someone in the AD who said there is a 0 percent chance Jeffey is fired any time soon, or after this season. This person also said they would be incredibly surprised if he's fired after next season barring a complete debacle of similar proportions to the past two years. This made me quite sad.

What I think many in the AD are missing is that the fans and alums are about to fire them in the way of reduced giving and negligible ticket sales. The "customers" always hold the trump card. Always.

What I think many in the AD are missing is that the fans and alums are about to fire them in the way of reduced giving and negligible ticket sales. The "customers" always hold the trump card. Always.

I think they're also missing that said customers aren't necessarily going to come back just to watch .500 ball against a weak schedule.

I'm guessing we need a team that is competitive for an NCAA bid or a new coach to generate excitement and ticket sales.

For me this is the turning point of the season. This also cemented me from BuzzWaitAndSee to BuzzOut. VTech was a great start to the ACC season but Buzz is clearly overwhelmed with the position and it shows in this postgame clip.

Instead of a short and sweet response of, "We clearly corrected our mistakes from Wofford and we are thrilled to start the ACC season on a high note"...we get a huge unnecessary rant about the "peripheral chaos" and "negative society". Are we supposed to feel sorry for you Buzz?

Recently his overwhelmth has manifested itself through "Ask them" (NCSU) and "I think you're asking the wrong person" (Clemson).

Listen to his tone throughout this clip. He's completely overwhelmed as the WFU head basketball coach. Colorado fans didn't give a shit about basketball and he could comfortably "improve" an awful team. Wake is a completely different situation.

Dino destroyed the basketball program. Everyone knows this. Buzz has had to make do with Dino's recruits. The rotten apples are OUT, and Buzz is bringing in his proteges next season. You have to throw away these 2 years.

I know from a well placed insider that, in Wellman's mind, Buzz's true first season is next year, so you can expect at least 3 more years of Buzz, and I expect many more after he gets Dino's train wreck turned around.

All the buzzout bitching and complaining on these boards won't change a thing. deal with it.

Nearly two years on and you are STILL talking about Dino? Fucking hell...

My first takeaway from that video is the guy asking the question is gay.

My second takeaway is that is a great answer.

My third takeaway is you're right, he shouldn't have said about half of it. You're right, he's certainly got to block out all the negativity around the program if he asks and expects the team to do the same. By commenting on it, he doesn't appear to be blocking it out.

My third takeaway is you're right, he shouldn't have said about half of it. You're right, he's certainly got to block out all the negativity around the program if he asks and expects the team to do the same. By commenting on it, he doesn't appear to be blocking it out.

Exactly what does that have to do with any of it? Also, how is that a great answer?

I'm a buzzin fan. I think that under any circumstances, the transistion will take three years to yield results and four years to show the final result. I believe it was Hegal who said that God reveals his plan in the final results. If you don't like the term culture, then think of year one as being the tear down year, this year as laying the foundation, next year as completing the structure and year four as living in the new structure.

FWIW, I recently spoke w/ someone in the AD who said there is a 0 percent chance Jeffey is fired any time soon, or after this season. This person also said they would be incredibly surprised if he's fired after next season barring a complete debacle of similar proportions to the past two years. This made me quite sad.

Wellman doesn't even consider these two years against Buzz's record.

Buzz's tenure begins next year.

Deal with it OUTERS

He also needs to understand that he's generating much of the negativity.

I would take a 20 point loss in every game left on the schedule if it meant RW finally fires Bz at the end of the season, but I doubt there is anything Bz can do to get fired this year.

Well you're likely going to get a 20 point loss in every game remaining, but he'll still be here next season. Is it wrong to hope he falls down a staircase?

If the players were showing any real improvement, I would still be Buzz-wait. Hell, if we even looked like we were trying I may still be Buzz-wait. But we see improvement from other crappy schools and regression from our team.

We look like we have no fundamental basketball skills being taught to our team. It's like Dino's teams without any talent.

Exactly what does that have to do with any of it? Also, how is that a great answer?

At least 20% of jaybone's posts have to include a homoerotic reference or a lame gay joke. It's quite odd.

I think he is correct. From that answer, it appears to me he has a psychological bead on his team. That said, I don't think he should have said it.

For example, my gaydar went off when I heard the guy ask Bzd the question. I probably shouldn't have said it. If I was in Bzd's shoes I certainly wouldn't have said, 'good question dude and by the way, are you gay? Because you sound kind of swishy? I would have self-edited that (probably should have here, right?). Likewise, I may have thought to myself, well tool bag, all the negativity swirling around with you people it takes fucking work to get these kids to believe in themselves, but I probably wouldn't have said that either. I would have given some canned response and gotten the hell off the Dais.

He also needs to understand that he's generating much of the negativity.

No he's not. Unless you mean the negativity about the program is specific to him. I think that's what you mean. Kind of wrong though. Lots of negativity thrown at specific players. For example, Nikita through the first 15 games. Another player right now.

Wellman doesn't even consider these two years against Buzz's record.

Buzz's tenure begins next year.

Deal with it OUTERS

Unfortunately this sounds pretty accurrate to me. If we lose out maybe those up the food chain will force Wellman's hand. I think if he gets to season 3 we are stuck with him barring player revolts and other Bz made disasters.

However you want to parse words. People have a negative opinion of him based on things he's done and the status of the program. People are negative about losing. People don't like him. It's not because they're negative people.

Unfortunately this sounds pretty accurrate to me. If we lose out maybe those up the food chain will force Wellman's hand. I think if he gets to season 3 we are stuck with him barring player revolts and other Bz made disasters.

When I leave behind a mess, I leave behind a mess!

Back