• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Questions about a possible visit to WFU Football Game

I have never heard anybody call it center city

I have never seen anybody pay for the light rail

Yeah idk what the deal is with light rail now. Sounds like people just walk on and on the off chance a ticket checker comes in they just buy one then with an app? Maybe they should go away from that and go back to paper tickets or put up turnstiles at the stations or something. Back in my train riding days I encountered a ticket checker every day and there was no app so I was buying the monthly pass.

And yeah I’ve never heard anyone say center city gtfo with that

Yeah, you gotta do some NC barbecue if you're in Lexington.
Just note that Lexington is Western NC BBQ....many people prefer Eastern. Depends mostly on where you grew up. A few places around will serve both. Prissy Polly's in Kernersville does...or at least used to...have not been in a while.

Just note that Lexington is Western NC BBQ....many people prefer Eastern. Depends mostly on where you grew up. A few places around will serve both. Prissy Polly's in Kernersville does...or at least used to...have not been in a while.
Lexington is its own thing. Not quite eastern (which is the best) but also not quite western.

Lexington is its own thing. Not quite eastern (which is the best) but also not quite western.
I am pretty sure Lexington and Western are seen as the same thing...Lexington is the original Western style. And for sure the most well known. Lexington BBQ Restaurant (known as the Honey Monk to the locals) is the most well known and was served at Reagan's inauguration. If Gopher was coming to the area one week later he could attend the well known Lexington BBQ festival.

https://www.thebarbecuefestival.com/

While I'm very aware of NC barbecue traditions and styles, I simply recommended our new friend sample some 'cue if he was in the Lexington area.

Yeah idk what the deal is with light rail now. Sounds like people just walk on and on the off chance a ticket checker comes in they just buy one then with an app? Maybe they should go away from that and go back to paper tickets or put up turnstiles at the stations or something. Back in my train riding days I encountered a ticket checker every day and there was no app so I was buying the monthly pass.

And yeah I’ve never heard anyone say center city gtfo with that

Come on biff you live here. From your link:

“We work primarily in the Uptown, South End, and Midtown areas outlined in the map below. However, we consider the entire Center City ecosystem, which extends to a two-mile radius of Trade and Tryon streets in Uptown.”

Agree with Hanging Rock over Pilot Mountain but I'd go a step further and recommend Stone Mountain Park over both. It's about 30 minutes west of pilot mountain
Ditto on this. More fun of a hike and a prettier view of a hike imo. Also a cool little old homestead at the bottom of the mountain. Always went every year with my Dad

Old Salem is an awesome historic town that is one of the the gems of Winston Salem and North Carolina in general. Highly recommend going there early morning before the game and taking it in. Even if you don't do a tour or enter in any of the buildings it's a pleasure to see. Absolutely gorgeous in the fall and it's only 10 mins from the stadium. Young Cardinal is a short drive from there and has great breakfast.SECCA is a really cool modern art museum thats free and is like 5-7 mins from the stadium. Highly reccomend.
There are a ton of breweries downtown that are all walking distance from each other.
If it is a noon game I would suggest getting tickets on the home side because the sun will be in your face if not. Also if you are large/tall it may be kind of difficult to fit in the chair backs which are in sections 4-7 and one small section I can't recall on the opposite side of the field. The rest of the stadium is metal bleachers except for the hill.

Back