• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Rachel Dolezal

I think it is highly prejudicial to think she cannot be black just because her parents are Caucasian. She is obviously a black woman in a white woman's skin. I don't think she should have to go through melanin enhancement treatments just to be accepted as who she is.

Let's just end all this bigotry and accept people as the race they believe they are. I am pro-choice on personal racial preference.

Saneff wins again = great tag. This lady is clearly insane (due to the lies, not the other stuff).

i mean, it's one thing to have AA parents or spouse or whatever and maybe you just appropriate the culture.. fine, whatever

but don't call yourself black

what if she feels black and has always felt black? The terms "black" and "white" are social terms, not scientific facts.

i mean, it's one thing to have AA parents or spouse or whatever and maybe you just appropriate the culture.. fine, whatever

but don't call yourself black

Its called transethnic. Don't be hatin' on people just because you don't understand them.

Damn conservatives on this site just need to open their minds a little.

How soon before bakeries refuse her decoration requests?

when you're white, you get to choose what race you want to be.

that's why the best race to be in every RPG is the generic white dude

when you're white, you get to choose what race you want to be.

that's why the best race to be in every RPG is the generic white dude

It is a two way street. Everyone gets to choose their racial identity. Stop the hate, Dammit!!

No idea. The parents seem to be saying no on most things, but you wouldn't expect them to admit to beating their children. This line killed me though:

In an interview about her portrait art with the Easterner magazine, Dolezal described a traumatic upbringing during which her parents would “punish us by skin complexion”. She also described being raised in a teepee and hunting for food with a bow and arrow. Her parents have confirmed that they lived in a teepee, but before their daughter was born.

Link

The relationship must be pretty screwed up for the parents to out her like this.

The relationship must be pretty screwed up for the parents to out her like this.

The mom said it all started when they found out she was telling people that a black man was her father. Look at the interview, she says the black is her father and couldn't make some rando meeting bc of lung cancer. Seems like a pathological liar to me.

I think we need a paternity test before we further disparage this woman.

Back