• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Rachel Dolezal

Do we know that they haven't tried to address this quietly and privately?

Wasn't she talking shit about her parents? Or her fake parents? Jesus, I can't keep up. I can see why they might have wanted to set the record straight.

indianampafrican_zpseplzmigh.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

It's grammatically and factually incorrect. "A Native American and a Black person..." would have been funny without being offensive.

May not be crazy, but it certainly isn't kind or compassionate either. Appears the woman is mentally unstable and needs help. Quietly and privately getting someone help they need seems to be a better way to go than publicly aand deliberately airing family dysfunction. Can totally understand why the parents are hurt and upset, but just don't think either side has handled it well.

Would tend to agree, but sometimes calling someone out on a lie is the most compassionate move you can make. Who knows. I just don't blame the parents for telling the truth. Their daughter had pretty much disowned them, and I am sure the lies were starting to wear on them. Finally had enough I guess. The chasm in 'handling it well' between the parents and the daughter is infinitely wide. One constructed a life on a lie, and in the process through her birth parents under the bus repeatedly. The other simply told the truth, albeit in a very forthright and public manner. Not really close IMO.

I'm up at my sister's for the weekend, and this was on the news again this a.m. Why is this still a thing?

I'm up at my sister's for the weekend, and this was on the news again this a.m. Why is this still a thing?

She was supposed to have a meeting today with NAACP national and regional leadership to discuss the controversy and cancelled at the last minute. One of her adopted brothers gave an interview where he said she told him a few years ago never to disclose anything about her birth parents or where she grew up. She's a pathological liar and can understand why NAACP and Eastern Washington may fire her for deliberately misrepresenting her background.

Well, statistically her chances of being arrested soon just went way down, and of her actually surviving the arrest.

especially if she does not resist arrest chance of survival sky rockets

She was supposed to have a meeting today with NAACP national and regional leadership to discuss the controversy and cancelled at the last minute. One of her adopted brothers gave an interview where he said she told him a few years ago never to disclose anything about her birth parents or where she grew up. She's a pathological liar and can understand why NAACP and Eastern Washington may fire her for deliberately misrepresenting her background.

Definitely. Of course the conservative spin will be that they fired her for being white.

Back