• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Reaction if Buzz gets an extension-----GO!

self-immolation1.jpg

Things will get broken.

Astonishment.

Even if you want him back next year (I don't know why you would, insanity I suppose), it doesn't make sense to give him extension. He has 0 leverage since there's no danger of him receiving an offer remotely comparable, and we don't really have scholarships to give.

I will do everything in my power to (legally) make Wellman's job a living hell. Don't know how yet but I'm sure there are constructive ways. Probably involve paying some homeless people to picket outside his office every day.

Complete indifference.

This. If the Hatch and RW plan was to completely marginalized the bball program to create a culture, or refocus on the academic "prestige" they are succeeding. Having been through the five stages of grief ... I am still in denial but would no longer be shocked at an extension.. But mainly indifferent at this point

Complete indifference.

In all honesty, this is the correct answer. Bottom line is that regulars on this board are the outliers in terms of Wake fandom. The majority of wake grads will just kind of shrug and be like, "Oh well. We suck," and will continue to not care about Wake bball.

That's how our program ends. Not with a bang but with a whimper.

Back