• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Reaction if Buzz gets an extension-----GO!

Complete indifference.

Wellman and Bzzz have destroyed my interest as it relates to Bzzz's tenure, not the program in general. I still love college basketball and Wake and will unfortunately be furious when he gets an extension.

Astonishment.

Even if you want him back next year (I don't know why you would, insanity I suppose), it doesn't make sense to give him extension. He has 0 leverage since there's no danger of him receiving an offer remotely comparable, and we don't really have scholarships to give.

Exactly. There's no reason to go this route except convention and appearances.

I thought his contract was for five years. So he has two left after this season. When he was hired didn't a reporter ask Ron if his contract was for five years and Ron said something like, "That's the standard length." I can't find the quote. But I thought for sure Bz got a five year deal.

I thought his contract was for five years. So he has two left after this season. When he was hired didn't a reporter ask Ron if his contract was for five years and Ron said something like, "That's the standard length." I can't find the quote. But I thought for sure Bz got a five year deal.

It was in an interview with Dan Collins.

Right. This is so he can tell incoming recruits he'll be here through 2017.

Right. This is so he can tell incoming recruits he'll be here through 2017.

Okay. I think Bz will be back next year but if he was given a contract extension after this season my mind would be blown.

Get ready. Wellman will probably cry tears of joy at the announcement. Culture is here to stay! Oh heavens, yes!

A contract extension would be even crazier than the initial hire, and that was pretty damn crazy. I just can't imagine it.

Ron Wellman must realize that giving Buzz a contract extension at this point would be to lose all credibility nationally. He just wouldn't/couldn't be taken seriously in the profession. Rewarding this level of failure is simply preposterous.

However, if he wants to continue his I'm-smarter-than-you-no-matter-what-the-facts arrogance, he will allow Buzz to continue next year without an extension.

Get ready for it. There is no doubt in my mind that Wellman will give Bzz at least a 3-year extension and he will cite "major improvement and movement in the right direction" for the extension. He will also cite the need to give Bzz cred on the recruiting trail, and cite Shelton Mitchell as proof that recruiting is turning up.

Now, the fact is that an extension means virtually nothing unless you can see the fine print. What really counts is the guaranteed buyout. An extension could be nothing more than a promise to continue paying the same salary "as long as" Bzz is employed. Or it could be a guaranteed buyout of one or two years' salary, or contain an automatic rollover. If Wellman gives Bzz those perks, Wellman should be fired. Since Wake is a private school, we will never know the details until after the fact, if we even know then.

Get ready for it. There is no doubt in my mind that Wellman will give Bzz at least a 3-year extension and he will cite "major improvement and movement in the right direction" for the extension. He will also cite the need to give Bzz cred on the recruiting trail, and cite Shelton Mitchell as proof that recruiting is turning up.

While there are still the blowouts this year there were also a good share of games that easily could have been won. I think this alone is good enough for Wellman to be satisfied. Given that we have a few more games that we can improve on our ACC record from last year is just a bonus for Bzzz.

tumblr_mgmufpQNS51qj7eoao1_250.gif

Send in a video of me burning the money that I would have donated to the DC, Seats rights, FB season tix, etc.

I think he's going to be back next year although losing out in spectacular fashion might change that. There has been improvement in this year's team. I don't think it's debatable that this is our best team under Bz. It is not, however worthy of an extension. I've already found that I don't enjoy many of our games. An extension at this point would really bum me out.

I think he's going to be back next year although losing out in spectacular fashion might change that. There has been improvement in this year's team. I don't think it's debatable that this is our best team under Bz. It is not, however worthy of an extension. I've already found that I don't enjoy many of our games. An extension at this point would really bum me out.

This.

Complete and utter jealousy that I do not have a million dollar job I suck at where I can be renewed...

I've already fallen into just being more a fan of the ACC in general than of Wake Forest specifically. In a way it's nice...I don't yell at my television any longer.

If Bz gets an extension, I'll just laugh at the incompetence.

Back