• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Reaction if Buzz gets an extension-----GO!

I have met RW several times and I know some people that have worked for him in the past. Everything I know and have been told indicates that it is very possible that he will retain Bz just to prove that nobody tells him what to do. The athletic department is his fiefdom, he is its monarch, and don't you forget it.

Of my friends, donations or lack thereof are tied to Bzzz's tenure.

I have met RW several times and I know some people that have worked for him in the past. Everything I know and have been told indicates that it is very possible that he will retain Bz just to prove that nobody tells him what to do. The athletic department is his fiefdom, he is its monarch, and don't you forget it.

SIC SEMPER TYRANNIS

Guitardeac does have a point about Wellman's public pro-Bz speeches this year. The AD office has been pretty quiet, as of late when you compare it to this time last year.

We said once before how the AD was "quiet" about [Redacted]...then we got "Oh Heaven's, Yes!"

All the more reason he needs to go.

RW has a boss just like we all do. Hatch needs to man up!

I have a tough time believing any of the business leaders on the BOT would hire someone with [Redacted]'s record and would probably fire any employee who did hire someone who had failed that poorly.

Ron Wellman's track record with coaches isn't that great. The two coaches with the best records at Wake were a Hooks hire and the assistant of a Hooks hire. Women's soccer is strong, but baseball and women's basketball have been revolving door. Men's basketball has fallen apart. Football is stagnant at best.

I am fairly sure Deacon Club monies and other athletic dept. income are dropping precipitously. Do we really make enough off TV revenues that monetary fan support doesn't matter? Hatch and the BOT must be looking at those numbers, no? Is it too much to hope that someone will demand some accountability?

I am fairly sure Deacon Club monies and other athletic dept. income are dropping precipitously. Do we really make enough off TV revenues that monetary fan support doesn't matter? Hatch and the BOT must be looking at those numbers, no? Is it too much to hope that someone will demand some accountability?

Define "matter". Yes, we make enough (and the number is going up significantly in the short term due to more expansion and football playoffs) to keep it in the black. But that doesn't mean we aren't still giving up tons of potential revenue.

I'd pay a lot of money to see someone dress up like John Wilkes Booth and pretend to assassinate Wellman at a game.

I'd settle for somebody holding up a sign with "Sic Semper Tyrannis" and Wellman's face on it at the next game

My first reaction will be an angrier version of this guy.

jaguars-fan-confused-wtf.gif

HE IS A POMPOUS DOUCHE. I have dealt with him a couple of times.

scotch.jpg

10075tequila_shot.jpg

hail.jpg

TS-87760286_red-gas-can_s4x3_al.jpg

stock-vector-vector-match-book-19067836.jpg

LJVM_1-566x232.jpg

full_161804695.jpg

Gun-store-courtesy-theblaze.com_.jpg

image_9222.jpg

ncb_a_wellbzd_400.jpg

graves_set1.jpg

*NOTE: If [Redacted] is extended then the Joel burns down and [Redacted] and Wellman are killed in a double murder. I didn't do it.

Back