• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Real Estate Agent in Charlotte

There's probably some discount to the price due to the location on a four lane commuting route. Also, the schools on the north side of West Blvd are Dilworth/AG/West Charlotte. The south side is Barringer/Sedgefield/West Charlotte. So a lot of buyers will consider schools, which are a lot better on the north side of West Blvd until you get to high school.

Oh no, I completely agree. It's all stuff that's easily fixed, and a lot of it is stuff I can fix myself. It's really just the principle more than anything else.

We love where the house is located and also love walking in the front door and having the house completely open from the living room into the dining room into the kitchen into the den and out onto the deck. It is perfect for entertaining.

But where are your guests going to park? You might be able to get two additional cars in your driveway after your's and your wife's. Everyone else is going to have to park at the school across the street, which is a four lane road in a transitional neighborhood, or around the corner. Not a big deal I guess if they can park around the corner.

But where are your guests going to park? You might be able to get two additional cars in your driveway after your's and your wife's. Everyone else is going to have to park at the school across the street, which is a four lane road in a transitional neighborhood, or around the corner. Not a big deal I guess if they can park around the corner.

We'll be parking in the back. The fence opens into the backyard. There used to be a garage back there that got torn down but there is a still a parking area where it used to be. We can park our cars, plus probably one more in the backyard and then fit 3-4 more in the driveway.

Also, we don't have many friends. Will you be our friend? :p

There's probably some discount to the price due to the location on a four lane commuting route. Also, the schools on the north side of West Blvd are Dilworth/AG/West Charlotte. The south side is Barringer/Sedgefield/West Charlotte. So a lot of buyers will consider schools, which are a lot better on the north side of West Blvd until you get to high school.

These are absolutely valid points. Schools don't matter to us, because of no kids, but that will come into play when/if we sell.

We'll be parking in the back. The fence opens into the backyard. There used to be a garage back there that got torn down but there is a still a parking area where it used to be. We can park our cars, plus probably one more in the backyard and then fit 3-4 more in the driveway.

Also, we don't have many friends. Will you be our friend? :p

I don't go west of Common Market on Tryon. Not safe :)

I'll be your friend. Also buying a house at the moment in Olde Providence.

There's a common market on tryon? I need to get out of P-M some.

There's a common market on tryon? I need to get out of P-M some.

i like the southend one better than the plaza midwood one, just because it has a way better outside area. the plaza midwood outside seating is pretty lame.

i like the southend one better than the plaza midwood one, just because it has a way better outside area. the plaza midwood outside seating is pretty lame.

The new outside seating in front of the store is better than the old seating in the alley.

I've lived in Charlotte for a year and haven't made it to either one.

:couch:

The new outside seating in front of the store is better than the old seating in the alley.

haven't been over there in a while and didn't realize they had added new seating. i guess i need to go check it out!

I usually run up to the NoDa Bodega for my sandwich fix. And by run up to, I mean I drive...

haven't been over there in a while and didn't realize they had added new seating. i guess i need to go check it out!

Just make sure you back into the diagonal parking spaces along Commonwealth or you'll get a ticket.

I've lived in Charlotte for a year and haven't made it to either one.

:couch:

you should go! i mean, it's not like one of those "OMG HOW HAVE YOU NEVER BEEN?!?!!?" things. but common market (both of them) are just cool places in general. they sell six packs, but also allow you to mix and match a 6 pack if you want, which i realize is not ground-breaking, but it's a nice perk. the food in the delis is really good. they sell these wasabi peanut things that make dhtoy make a really hilarious face because they're too wasabi-ish for him. they've also been quite kind to us when we've need a spot to do things like a beer mile or bike bar crawl. never give us a hard time at all. just generally really cool people.

So we went back into the West Blvd house in Wilmore today and I think we're going to make an offer on it and see what happens. I'll keep you posted of course!

BTW, we had dinner at Common Market to talk it over. That place is pretty awesome.

Drove around Wilmore and it's a lot like our neighborhood in Villa Heights. There are definitely sketchy areas but it seems like the side where this house is located and back toward South End is different than the part out near I-77.

Back