• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Real Estate Agent in Charlotte

saucemans is legit been going since day 1 and know an owner. glad its finally gettin some respect. that bojangles is good too, watch the gameday crowd, easy on other days. also real real good fried chicken (been written about) and a no fee atm at the gas station on east/west blvd corner, dont be nervous. Gonna smell like funnel cakes when the factory is cookin, which is also awesome. too bad vinnies is gone (my opinion, defs not the buzz party line)

saucemans is legit been going since day 1 and know an owner. glad its finally gettin some respect. that bojangles is good too, watch the gameday crowd, easy on other days. also real real good fried chicken (been written about) and a no fee atm at the gas station on east/west blvd corner, dont be nervous. Gonna smell like funnel cakes when the factory is cookin, which is also awesome. too bad vinnies is gone (my opinion, defs not the buzz party line)

We're excited to see what happens for sure. We are going in aggressively asking for a lot. Hopefully he won't just ignore us thinking we're not worth the time or trouble. We drove around the neighborhood more this evening. Definitely in transition. Very similar to a lot of what we see in Villa Heights. A few pockets of completely nice remodeled homes and a few pockets of full out sketch with a lot of stuff mixed in between. Was awesome to go to the Common Market this evening and think that might soon be our neighborhood!

We had to check a couple of other things at the house before I was comfortable making the offer, but the initial offer for the house at West Blvd is in place. Now the waiting/negotiating/waiting/negotiating begins...

This just in. Negotiating can suck...

Yes, yes it can indeed. (And yes, I just quoted myself.)

After a ridiculous amount of back and forth, the seller at West Blvd house managed to string us along long enough to get another offer on the house, which he accepted after we refused to come back and up our offer. Oh well... I maintain that he wouldn't have even gotten the other offer had he not went ahead and fixed some items that we had pointed out in our offer, but again, oh well...

Moving on to the next one. There is actually a really nice house in our current neighborhood. It's new construction, a couple of streets over from where we live now. We may take a look at that one next. Would be an easy move. It's literally like three blocks over from our house. Of course there is always some "stuff" going on in our hood, and this house is close to a convenience store that contributes to the problem, so there is that to consider.

In the meantime, I'm going to bed.

Yes, yes it can indeed. (And yes, I just quoted myself.)

After a ridiculous amount of back and forth, the seller at West Blvd house managed to string us along long enough to get another offer on the house, which he accepted after we refused to come back and up our offer. Oh well... I maintain that he wouldn't have even gotten the other offer had he not went ahead and fixed some items that we had pointed out in our offer, but again, oh well...

Moving on to the next one. There is actually a really nice house in our current neighborhood. It's new construction, a couple of streets over from where we live now. We may take a look at that one next. Would be an easy move. It's literally like three blocks over from our house. Of course there is always some "stuff" going on in our hood, and this house is close to a convenience store that contributes to the problem, so there is that to consider.

In the meantime, I'm going to bed.
Just because he accepted another offer does not mean it will work out. Still have inspection, financing, etc. If it does not work out, then you have hand.

Why do you want to live down there in those transitional neighborhoods? You can move up here along Mallard Church Creek Road and get a 4BR/3.5BA house for $279K in a great new neighborhood without a bunch of trees to contend with.

Just because he accepted another offer does not mean it will work out. Still have inspection, financing, etc. If it does not work out, then you have hand.

True. We'll see what happens, but honestly, I think we're ready to move on to something else because they strung us along to get that offer. Or at least I feel that way. It's not that big of a deal. We try not to get overly emotional about any of this, since there's always other houses out there. We are in a good spot with our rental, and our lease is month to month, so we're not pressured to do anything fast.

Bringing this back from the dead to say we ended up with neither of those two houses, but we are closing on a house here in Villa Heights on Friday, October 25!

Already have firearms, thanks.

Seriously though, I love all the jokes, and I make them too, but if you look at the crime reports for Villa Heights, and even Belmont, the actual incidents that go on are very similar to what goes on in Midwood and NoDa. Do they have a different vibe? Yeah, but it's a lot cheaper right now, although that is changing too.

Surely the public records on that aren't correct... 1547 sq ft. but 4BD/3Bath?

Pretty normal for the city. Nearly 1600 SF is a big house for the area. Many 3 bed/2baths are 1100-1200.

Pretty normal for the city. Nearly 1600 SF is a big house for the area. Many 3 bed/2baths are 1100-1200.

Damn... I need to start selling down there. That house would cost around half that price in Winston.

No that is incorrect. I think that must be the size of the original house on that lot years ago, before it was torn down and sold to build this house.

This house is actually 2382 square feet.

Back