• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Recent Purchases Thread

I have mad arm hair but have never once had an issue with my watches with bracelets ripping it out.

The store I'm thinking of is right next door to a bar I goto alot in the heart of the Promenade. There's going to be promenade markup for sure. Most of the ones I liked looked to be about $3,500, which would make it worth more than my car. There's gotta be a few hundred dollar one that looks just as nice.

At legit watch shops there's not really a mark-up over MSRP but some places will negotiate lower than others. If you find something you like your best bet is to look on watch forums and see who in LA will work with you. This is assuming you will drop a g or so. I got a Hamilton auto that can be had for under $500 that is a solid value for a more palatable price point.

At legit watch shops there's not really a mark-up over MSRP but some places will negotiate lower than others. If you find something you like your best bet is to look on watch forums and see who in LA will work with you. This is assuming you will drop a g or so. I got a Hamilton auto that can be had for under $500 that is a solid value for a more palatable price point.

A friend of my owns a chain of jewelry stores so I get everything at cost. The margins really depend on the brand. There are some brands with very little margin and stores stock the watches for the cache of the brand. Other non-major brands have much higher markups and places will work with you on the price there.

A friend of my owns a chain of jewelry stores so I get everything at cost. The margins really depend on the brand. There are some brands with very little margin and stores stock the watches for the cache of the brand. Other non-major brands have much higher markups and places will work with you on the price there.
Yep and Rolex is the worst for haggling on the price.

Upgrading my surround sound system in anticipation of a move, I just received this as a gift:

Klipsch Synergy C2 Center Channel
images

I am driving to Salisbury tomorrow to possibly buy these vintage Polk Audio RTA 11TL's to replace my front channels:
5N35O45Hb3K63Md3H4c7a562ade1218d8180b.jpg

Last edited:
Bought a pair of Yamaha NS-A200XT Floor Speakers instead of the old Polks in my earlier post, these were a little bit more expensive but totally worth it.

FILE9498.GIF

also just bought my first bottle of this. I usually try a different Rum every 2 or 3 weeks. I hope this is better than the syrupy sweet Capt. Morgan Private Stock I got last month.

10-Cane-Rum.jpg

Last edited:
Bought a pair of Yamaha NS-A200XT Floor Speakers instead of the old Polks in my earlier post, these were a little bit more expensive but totally worth it.

FILE9498.GIF

also just bought my first bottle of this. I usually try a different Rum every 2 or 3 weeks. I hope this is better than the syrupy sweet Capt. Morgan Private Stock I got last month.

10-Cane-Rum.jpg

10 cane is all we buy as our standard run. So. Good.

Are Tervis tumblers worth it?

Tervis_Tumblers_24.jpg

I got mine from the wedding registry and hardly ever use them. If you're buying them just to have Wake Forest glasses I'd suggest just buying the large souvenir cups at your next Wake football game.

I got mine from the wedding registry and hardly ever use them. If you're buying them just to have Wake Forest glasses I'd suggest just buying the large souvenir cups at your next Wake football game.

Whoa. Tervis tumblers are the tits if you drink outside when its hot, if you take drinks in the car and want them with ice, etc. They are def worth it. Way better than a stadium cup.

What'd you think of the 10 cane?
It was great, it was a great sipping rum with some ice in a lowball glass. It was dryer than I expected though.
Whoa. Tervis tumblers are the tits if you drink outside when its hot, if you take drinks in the car and want them with ice, etc. They are def worth it. Way better than a stadium cup.
It maybe that I don't like them because I have the huge ones and they feel too big, I don't ever use them outside either so their ability to keep things cool longer (?) never really comes into play. I do use them for trips though because they have the removable handles.

It was great, it was a great sipping rum with some ice in a lowball glass. It was dryer than I expected though.

It maybe that I don't like them because I have the huge ones and they feel too big, I don't ever use them outside either so their ability to keep things cool longer (?) never really comes into play. I do use them for trips though because they have the removable handles.

Oh, yeah, should have gotten teh 14 oz ones, not the 22.

Back