• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Recent Purchases Thread

p12455002reg.jpg

I really want to get an AR 15. Also a Glock .45. Going to the range is a great way to relieve stress.

A friend of mine picked up an AR this past weekend. $1300 out the door, and he managed to go through a couple hundred dollars worth of ammo on Saturday running it through its paces.

ITC, nice pocket rocket.
I have nothing fun to contribute to the thread, i bought some work clothes recently but nothing exciting.

eh, pocket rocket works great, i've never had any issues with mine. it doesnt see as much action since we usually just bring the jet boil now, but i still bring it just in case.

Yeah, those things are awesome. Do you know what brand he got? I'm looking at a Bushmaster or one of the custom one's from Red Jacket (only like $1,300). I'm kind of an assault rifle novice, but I've always wanted one. Can you get them full auto or do you still have to get them burst fire or just single round? I also want to get a sweet scope to put on it to make it look official. Maybe one that has some kind of night vision? Any suggestions there? Or am I looking at something completely unrealistic price wise. (A grenader attachment on the bottom like some of the military M-4s have would be fucking sweet.)

He got one of the Bushmasters. I looked into a Red Jacket AR a few month back, and after everything it would have been around $1500. I'd love to have it, but the funds arent available for that kind of purchase right now. To my knowledge, after the 1980s, you have to have a special license to purchase/own fully automatic weapons and register them with your local sheriff/police chief. There's no outright federal law that prohibits them, but some cities/municipalities might have some laws on the books. The safest bet would be checking with your local sheriff. Hell, if its like mine, after you register the gun, he'd want to come out and shoot it with you.

My last purchase (besides the grocery store?)

Two picture frames. Exciting.

the jetboil is awesome. TAB, i'm not familiar w/ the biolite, seems interesting.

He got one of the Bushmasters. I looked into a Red Jacket AR a few month back, and after everything it would have been around $1500. I'd love to have it, but the funds arent available for that kind of purchase right now. To my knowledge, after the 1980s, you have to have a special license to purchase/own fully automatic weapons and register them with your local sheriff/police chief. There's no outright federal law that prohibits them, but some cities/municipalities might have some laws on the books. The safest bet would be checking with your local sheriff. Hell, if its like mine, after you register the gun, he'd want to come out and shoot it with you.

There is no licensing required. You just have to get approval from your local sheriff, and pay $200 to the government when you send in the atf form (I think it is form 4). You can also set up a trust in order to purchase it, but I'm not sure how that works.

There is no such thing as a civilian "class 3" license. FFL dealers have a class 3 license to sell select fire weapons, suppressors, short barreled weapons, etc.

Also, to obtain anything that is full auto or select fire plan to pay anywhere from $8,000 to $15,000.

As for an AR 15, you can build one for well under a grand. Back when prices went nuts after the 08 election I built one with a stag arms upper and DPMS lower for about $600.

Check out Model 1 sales. You can get everything but the stripped lower shipped right to your front door. The ATF views the lower receiver as the gun since it has the serial number on it, so that must be obtained through someone with an FFL.

Last edited:
Back