• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Recent Purchases Thread

A massive wall thermometer for my boiling hot office.

I like the idea of this thread. I'd post pictures my stupid laptop sucks and won't let me post in firefox, and I'm too lazy to switch over to IE. Anyways....

Today I've bought a Cafe Mocha from Starbucks and burrito from Moes.

As far as larger purchases have gone I recently bought a new basketball and far too many bar tabs. That's all I've got.

I just had all of my jeans stolen from the dryer in my complex, so I bought four new pairs this weekend, as well as half a dozen shirts and a new hoodie. Good times.

Any other slickdeals addicts on here? It's an embarrassing problem, I feel so feminine. I do get some sick deals though.

We just ordered some landscaping stuff for our house, hopefully it will all be installed by the end of next week:
  • 4 truckloads of mulch
  • 4 Crepe Myrtles
  • 1 cherry tree
  • 12 or so needlepoint holly bushes, and similar stuff
  • 3 more shrub/bush type things
  • Stepping stones
  • quite a bit of grass seed

A set of silicone ice cube trays that make perfect 2"square cubes for use in my liquor drinks. Nice slow melt...

Oh, and an HTC EVO.

Got an iPad 2 today. Now when I access this site it harasses me to download an app when I can easily view it like this.

Got an iPad 2 today. Now when I access this site it harasses me to download an app when I can easily view it like this.

Ha yeah, part of the tapatalk plugin, just have to find the offending code.

Try nowz, can you tell me if it's still there and what the message is if it is?

htc-thunderbolt-site.jpg

Sweet. What are your thoughts on it so far?

Sweet. What are your thoughts on it so far?

I Love it. I am coming from an old Blackberry so this is my first Android device but it is awesome. It has a really big display that looks fantastic watching videos and playing games. It is really fast overall moving between tabs, windows, opening apps, opening web pages, etc. The kickstand is actually pretty nice and the speakers also sound terrific. I posted on the other thread that since there were battery concerns before launch, I just went ahead and got the extended battery (2750 Mah) which does make it a little thicker and heavier, but since I am getting used to a much larger phone anyway, an extra few mm wont be any different to me. It does last really long though. At 5:45pm right now (I unplugged it at 7am) and it is at 86% and I have DLed a few apps, surfed the web, looked at FB, and made a few calls today. I think once it breaks in and matures or whatever it will really hold a charge. I really cant wait till 4G comes to Winston (before summer I am told) since I got it when you can still sign up for unlimited 4G instead of the tiered data stuff they will roll out in a little while. Also it plays N64 games really well. I have gotten 7 stars in Mario 64 already and cant beat that damn penguin in that luge race.

I Love it. I am coming from an old Blackberry so this is my first Android device but it is awesome. It has a really big display that looks fantastic watching videos and playing games. It is really fast overall moving between tabs, windows, opening apps, opening web pages, etc. The kickstand is actually pretty nice and the speakers also sound terrific. I posted on the other thread that since there were battery concerns before launch, I just went ahead and got the extended battery (2750 Mah) which does make it a little thicker and heavier, but since I am getting used to a much larger phone anyway, an extra few mm wont be any different to me. It does last really long though. At 5:45pm right now (I unplugged it at 7am) and it is at 86% and I have DLed a few apps, surfed the web, looked at FB, and made a few calls today. I think once it breaks in and matures or whatever it will really hold a charge. I really cant wait till 4G comes to Winston (before summer I am told) since I got it when you can still sign up for unlimited 4G instead of the tiered data stuff they will roll out in a little while. Also it plays N64 games really well. I have gotten 7 stars in Mario 64 already and cant beat that damn penguin in that luge race.

Awesome, sounds like a solid Android device. Thanks for the review!

And Jeez, how is RIM not freaking out? Everybody is either going to Apple or Google these days (at least in this country and most of Europe).

My bigger purchases recently:

3 shirts from Paul Frederick (2 French cuff; blue and white; the ex got me monogrammed cufflinks for Xmas. It's a very strong monogram)

Books (atlas shrugged, money ball, too big to fail, the big short, and barbarians at the gate)

A day pack (designed for skiing but it should suit my purposes)

Bottle of Jack

Bottle of protein powder.

A set of silicone ice cube trays that make perfect 2"square cubes for use in my liquor drinks. Nice slow melt...

Oh, and an HTC EVO.

Got my square ice cube trays today from amazon.

Back