• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Recent Purchases Thread

Strategy for getting a BOC?

1) Check woot every day (you should be doing this anyway)
2) Make sure your credit card information is saved
3) On every day there is a woot-off (once a month or so), open up the woot tracker at http://www.wooters.us/tracker.html
4) Be at your computer with volume up from about 4:00pm-5:30pm every day there is a woot-off (there has only been one instance when it came after I left work at 5:30)
5) The woot tracker has a BOC auto-buy feature which hasn't worked the past few times around, but at the very least the woot tracker will let you know when the BOC has arrived by playing a lightning sound
6) When you hear the sound go to woot.com immediately and hopefully you got there soon enough, your internet connection is fast enough and the woot servers haven't crashed

Gotcha. I always thought the BOC came through way late at night.

I know the past 2 years on Xmas Eve, a BOC appeared around 3am.

Yeah, every day woot updates the daily item at 12:00am central time (they're located in Dallas), which is 1:00am EST. The past two years at least they've sold them on Christmas, and I always forget and check woot during the late morning or afternoon and am quickly reminded by the SOLD OUT! image that every year they sell a BOC on Christmas.

I think they usually have them on April Fool's day too, so be sure to check it next thursday night (friday morning) at 1 am.

thumb2.php

(in black)

haribo.jpg

lots of Haribo gummy bears

3537112_2683973_65.jpg

brown fabric container

and a new Deacon Head decal for my car window, and a shower poof-loofah thing, and some toiletries.

Vinyl copies of The Allman Bros. Live at Fillmore East and AC/DC's Back in Black for $0.73 total.

Steak nachos.

Megamillions ticket.

Two bottles of wine and a vanilla latte yesterday.

I just got a haircut and picked up lunch at Moby Dick's House of Kebab.

3 weeks of tennis camp for my kid this summer.

Hit up the Borders closing sale in GSO...I think this is the last week since things were marked 50-70% off. Picked up a couple of seasons of Mad Men and a bunch of books that I've had on my wishlist.

Back