• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Recount

I'm against the recount, but Trump isn't helping his case by claiming that there were millions of illegal votes. If that is true then we should definitely have a recount.

this is my view as well. recount is a waste of time and money but Trump with his big mouth (twitter) has made his digs that the results are tainted. if everyone, including PE, thinks there was shenanigans then might as well get to the crux of the issue.

I see Trumps Schtick of distracting citizens with shiny bright things hasn't worn off. Like I said earlier in this thread, liberals think they are somehow winning by doing a recount when the reality is they are playing directly into Trumps hand. He is establishing the paradigm and you are going right along with it. Get ready for national voter id. He is setting you up. If they truly do a recount/evaluation they are going to find non citizens who voted and really no matter what they find trump will turn it into whatever he wants because the facts really don't matter to him. The only thing that matters is the narrative and as the president he will have the biggest voice. "You can keep your plan" will look like child's play.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Send a free national voter ID to everyone who files taxes. Additionally a card to anyone that receives government assistance in case they don't pay taxes, problem solved.

40848131.jpg

Send a free national voter ID to everyone who files taxes. Additionally a card to anyone that receives government assistance in case they don't pay taxes, problem solved.

Don't you know those programs are RIFE WITH FRAUD !!! ???

I see Trumps Schtick of distracting citizens with shiny bright things hasn't worn off. Like I said earlier in this thread, liberals think they are somehow winning by doing a recount when the reality is they are playing directly into Trumps hand. He is establishing the paradigm and you are going right along with it. Get ready for national voter id. He is setting you up. If they truly do a recount/evaluation they are going to find non citizens who voted and really no matter what they find trump will turn it into whatever he wants because the facts really don't matter to him. The only thing that matters is the narrative and as the president he will have the biggest voice. "You can keep your plan" will look like child's play.

Doubtful. Especially not in Wisconsin

Well, the NC Gov recount looks to have McCrory losing now by about TWICE the amount of votes that he had lost by initially. :tard:

I don't want people voting illegally, no matter who they are voting for. Most people never had a problem with voter ID, they just had a problem with the government not providing them for free to all citizens, even those who are unable to obtain their birth certificate.

If blind 86yo Maybelle, born in a shack in the woods, can't get down to the DMV with a birth certificate, she should still be able to vote. The same goes for legal immigrants who can't provide their foreign birth documentation.

If blind 86yo Maybelle, born in a shack in the woods, can't get down to the DMV with a birth certificate, she should still be able to vote. The same goes for legal immigrants who can't provide their foreign birth documentation.

anyone check out the One Vote episode of RadioLab recently? Part of it was about Indian law and the effort to get the vote of some remote hermit-monk in the middle of the jungle.

I don't want people voting illegally, no matter who they are voting for. Most people never had a problem with voter ID, they just had a problem with the government not providing them for free to all citizens, even those who are unable to obtain their birth certificate.

I think we could find plenty of people on this board who would have a problem with it, even if the ID was provided. I know one for certain who would oppose. I personally have no problem with a government paid for ID. How would you suggest people prove they are a citizen without birth certificate? That would be my only caveat with your plan. As long as a person can prove they are a citizen, I don't mind paying for their ID. If they aren't a citizen they shouldn't receive one because they won't need one to vote (since they technically cannot).

Last edited:
As of 2013 here are the estimates on illegal aliens in the states mentioned:

Wisconsin - 100,000
Michigan - 150,000
Pennsylvania - 160,000

Might be more illegal votes than you would think. I puled this from a slate article, but there are plenty of others that look similar. This article just had an easy to click map:

http://www.slate.com/articles/news_...ap_illegal_immigrant_population_by_state.html

I'm not just playing dumb, I promise.

I've never understood the fear of having undocumented people vote because voters have to register.

Where/how/when are undocumented people registering to vote?

The premise of one undocumented person so boldly committing a felony under that spotlight to support a political candidate is wild.

Having millions do it seems, well, Trump-level insane.

I'm not just playing dumb, I promise.

I've never understood the fear of having undocumented people vote because voters have to register.

Where/how/when are undocumented people registering to vote?

The premise of one undocumented person so boldly committing a felony under that spotlight to support a political candidate is wild.

Having millions do it seems, well, Trump-level insane.

First of all I don't have a 'fear' of anything. My point is that even in states not considered illegal alien hotbeds there are plenty of people out there. You are asking how illegal alien would go and vote? I have no idea how, but I thought that was the whole idea of this recount. I don't think we even need to do it, but if you go through the process I would expect that you will find something, and it won't always be the results you were hoping for. That was my entire point. Put it this way - I would be willing to lay a lot of money that the number of illegal aliens voting in this election is greater than the number of votes that were cast by Russian hackers or whatever the supposed reason for the recount truly is. Either way the recount is dumb. I think I have voiced that opinion pretty clearly.

I would imagine that neat or at the top of any undocumented person's list would NOT be considering to registering to vote or trying to vote. Talk about bringing the cops to your door!

This RW boogeyman is one of their craziest.

I would imagine that neat or at the top of any undocumented person's list would NOT be considering to registering to vote or trying to vote. Talk about bringing the cops to your door!

This RW boogeyman is one of their craziest.

Says the guy that is convinced the election was rigged by Russian hackers...

I have not said rigged. I said impacted via Wikileaks.

But why be accurate?

Back