• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

[Redacted] not going anywhere...

tumblr_m6eoyoWl6K1rnbspd.gif

Yep. He'll be here another 3 years at least. Probably 4 or 5.

I will take that bet. Care to put your money where your mouth is?

Here are the terms: If Bz is still head coach after his 6th season (2015 - 2016), I will make a contribution to the Deacon Club in your name for $500. If Bz for one reason or another is not head coach after his 6th season, you stroke a check for the same amount.

Do we have a bet?

Colonel Angus - just out of interest, what is your guess? 1 or 2 more years?

What difference does it make?

You emphatically stated Bz will be here for the "long run". I disagree.

Im willing to back up my prediction. Are you?

I'm not going to hedge against my desire for a new coach.

Why would someone bet over this?

Exactly. It's a ridiculous thing to bet on especially since I wouldn't benefit directly from a winning outcome I don't want.

Ph, are you in the Deacon Club? The $500 could simply come off whatever you would give anyway, so it's essentially no different than cash.

I don't understand why you wouldn't bet on something where you believe the odds are in your favor, unless you have moral objections. It's not like a bet like that would affect the reality of the situation.

I wouldn't stop donating myself just because somebody else was going to donate. That's against the spirit of it.

I also wouldn't want to diminish the joy of Bz' ouster by writing a check for $500 especially since it wouldn't be depend getting a legit coach.

And people who bet on everything they think will happen are called degenerate gamblers.

Last edited:
I wouldn't stop donating myself just because somebody else was going to donate. That's against the spirit of it.

I also wouldn't want to diminish the joy of Bz' ouster by writing a check for $500 especially since it wouldn't be depend getting a legit coach.

And people who bet on everything they think will happen are called degenerate gamblers.

Everything we do in life is a gamble, just with differing stakes.

And I don't like those stakes.

no chance ph makes a $500 donation to deac club each year. he doesnt even make his mortgage payments

Exactly. Answer my question and we'll discuss future bets...

How do you fail to comprehend this? I don't believe Bz will be here for the "long run" or 3+ seasons. Hence my offer of backing up my prediction/opinion with a wager. It's not complicated.

I understand the thought of contributing to the Deacon Club is anathema to many here but if you are so confident then back up your hollow talk. Either way the Deacon Club benefits (albeit a very small amount).

I'm not surprised you nor Ph accepted my wager. Yet another illustration of this board's "all rhetoric, no results" reputation.

Back