• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Rep Steve Scalise, 4 Others Shot

Some of you guys are dicks. Maybe these are the "compassionate liberals" I always hear about. What low rent hypocritical horseshit. People got shot, including a Capitol police officer. Reel it in for a bit and shut the fuck up.

And yes Alex Halperin it was way too soon to make an NRA comment. Fucking scumbag.

what's great about our nation is that when bad things like this happen, it's because we have too many laws and all we have to do is pray about it. and let me tell you, you can just put your head down and be quiet for a minute and no one will actually know the difference but you still get credit !

Please take a 10 minute break from being an asshole.

Thoughts and prayers to everyone affected.

Hopefully everyone in leadership positions refrain from speculating on motives until we know more information.

To me, the motives are secondary. The problem is that some deranged asshole can go purchase a semi automatic rifle and go unload on a baseball practice and the NRA and its lackeys will support the rights of the next deranged asshole to purchase the same gun and walk around town with it. The next guy could just as easily have a problem with the Arlington Little League or one of the sponsors of a team of 12-year olds as GOP Congressmen.

Last edited:
Some of you guys are dicks. Maybe these are the "compassionate liberals" I always hear about. What low rent hypocritical horseshit. People got shot, including a Capitol police officer. Reel it in for a bit and shut the fuck up.

And yes Alex Halperin it was way too soon to make an NRA comment. Fucking scumbag.

Who are you talking to?

I mean nothing said or done on this thread will change anything so I say have at it, say and do anything you want to respond. Want to point out hypocrisy point out hypocrisy, want to pray do it, show sympathy go for it, all of it changes nothing.

Pretty sure randomly firing on raccoons who are frolicking out in nature outranks making snide remarks on an internet message board following a shooting on the "some of you guys are dicks" scale.

To me, the motives are secondary. The problem is that some deranged asshole can go purchase a semi automatic rifle and go unload on a baseball practice and the NRA and its lackeys will support the rights of the next deranged asshole to purchase the same gun and walk around town with it.

yep

Some of you guys are dicks. Maybe these are the "compassionate liberals" I always hear about. What low rent hypocritical horseshit.People got shot, including a Capitol police officer. Reel it in for a bit and shut the fuck up.

Well, it's this sort of combative, partisan rhetoric that breeds the responses with which you're so disgusted. If you want people to sympathize with your latter statement, don't make the former.

Motives always matter, this case will be magnified because if it turns out this guy is a crazy democrat all hell breaks loose. Things like this always have some many angles that can't be separated. Gun control is one, so is mental health, domestic terrorism, bitter partisan divide, and so on.

Jesus. People get shot and this is the reaction?

93 Americans are killed every day in America by guns. Most, if not all, will get zero reaction on these boards. Having a discussion about how stupid this all is is better than no reaction at all (or Ts & Ps, obviously).

Reel it in for a bit, the way that Trump did last week in the wake of the London attacks?

I don't think the NRA comment was "too soon". What was it too soon for? A guy who has spent a good portion of his career getting chummy with the NRA and fighting to make it easier for gunmen to get their hands on unregistered weapons got shot. I'm glad he's okay, but christ, let's ease off the T&P "look at meeeee" rhetoric for a second.

You lasted 2 minutes. You're getting better. If only your wife could say the same.

GTY_donald_trump_ml_160304_12x5_1600.jpg

Back