• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Report: Kavanaugh won’t commit to recusal from Trump/Mueller related matters

Another incident being investigated - this one from his freshman year at Yale.

https://www.newyorker.com/news/news...rett-kavanaughs-college-years-deborah-ramirez

Rubes won’t care. Just get it over with. Nothing ever mattered.

I give literally zero shits about either of these stories. The lack of any solid evidence to accompany the allegations leads me to believe that both the women should be charged under 18 USC 1505 and, if convicted, I would support a judge sentencing them to the maximum term of five years of imprisonment.

1) Neither of these allegations, even if wholly proved in full, bear on the sufficiency of Judge Kavanaugh to be a SCOTUS Justice. None.

2) The timing of these allegations is beyond political. They harken back to the Justice Thomas confirmation hearings, and just fill me with bile. If there were a law that charged the senators responsible for this charade with something akin to treason, I would think it proper - Red or Blue. I don't care; this type of thing has absolutely no place in the Federal Judiciary. Judge Kavanaugh has been a sitting appeals judge for years - for fucks sake, that wasn't a big enough of a deal for a person to come forward then? What the actual fuck.

3) Red, Blue, or Purple, decades old allegations of sexual misconduct are simply inappropriate on any level. The prejudice that comes from them is wholly outweighed by any justice that could be meted out. Even if you're full blown raped as an adult, there's a window on what constitutes an acceptable time period for lobbing public allegations. If you read the New Yorker article for the new allegations, it's utterly fucking bullshit that we're even hearing about it. What fucking kills me is that rape allegations are, even when contemporaneously alleged, often a he said/she said scenario. Drawing that out 30 years (and not even rape, just some form or fashion of inappropriate contact) is just insane. Just literally fucking insane.

I give literally zero shits about either of these stories. The lack of any solid evidence to accompany the allegations leads me to believe that both the women should be charged under 18 USC 1505 and, if convicted, I would support a judge sentencing them to the maximum term of five years of imprisonment.

1) Neither of these allegations, even if wholly proved in full, bear on the sufficiency of Judge Kavanaugh to be a SCOTUS Justice. None.

2) The timing of these allegations is beyond political. They harken back to the Justice Thomas confirmation hearings, and just fill me with bile. If there were a law that charged the senators responsible for this charade with something akin to treason, I would think it proper - Red or Blue. I don't care; this type of thing has absolutely no place in the Federal Judiciary. Judge Kavanaugh has been a sitting appeals judge for years - for fucks sake, that wasn't a big enough of a deal for a person to come forward then? What the actual fuck.

3) Red, Blue, or Purple, decades old allegations of sexual misconduct are simply inappropriate on any level. The prejudice that comes from them is wholly outweighed by any justice that could be meted out. Even if you're full blown raped as an adult, there's a window on what constitutes an acceptable time period for lobbing public allegations. If you read the New Yorker article for the new allegations, it's utterly fucking bullshit that we're even hearing about it. What fucking kills me is that rape allegations are, even when contemporaneously alleged, often a he said/she said scenario. Drawing that out 30 years (and not even rape, just some form or fashion of inappropriate contact) is just insane. Just literally fucking insane.

Lol

Nobody but lawyers care about appeals court judges or whatever. Nobody.

Didn't Ford mention this incident to a therapist about five or six years ago? If she's just making it up, why would she mention it to a therapist long before Kavanaugh was ever considered for the SC, or was famous? She apparently provided evidence that she discussed this incident with her therapist. Seems to me that's a pretty important story in favor of her credibility. Of course, I've also read that a Fox News host recently implied that maybe the therapist "hypnotized" her to believe that Kavanaugh abused her - way back in 2012 or 2013. LOL.

Would you give a shit if Justice Ginsburg raped a dude in 1880? Would you think that would have any impact on her ability to be an effective Justice?

I wouldn't. She would still be amazing.

1880? She's old, but that is a bit much.

But that's not what is (trying to be) brought at issue here. Ford is saying that because of what she says happened to her, Judge Kavanaugh is unfit to be a Justice. The difference between a SCOTUS Justice and a federal appeals judge is irrelevant for that submitted issue.

But that's not what is (trying to be) brought at issue here. Ford is saying that because of what she says happened to her, Judge Kavanaugh is unfit to be a Justice. The difference between a SCOTUS Justice and a federal appeals judge is irrelevant for that submitted issue.

You brought that issue up. Now you’re saying it’s not the issue?

It takes a really shitty person to be OK with sexual assault.

1) A history of (repeated?) sexual assault does not speak to the judgment of a man?

2) How many people can name more than one judge Trump has appointed?

3) Did these other women envy how Dr. Ford's life has changed since making the allegations?

You brought that issue up. Now you’re saying it’s not the issue?

It's hard to have a meaningful conversation with you, because you're so inattentive that you mostly just type garbage. Literally the first item I point out is that this isn't a meaningful issue to being a SCOTUS justice. The media is making a huge mountain out of what isn't even a molehill.

It takes a really shitty person to be OK with sexual assault.

I didn't say I was ok with sexual assault. I'm saying these facts, even if proven in totality, don't matter for confirmation of a SCOTUS Justice.

Also, as wildly broad as the definition of sexual assault is, it's not even clear that she's alleging sexual assault at this point.

Grabs, you specifically discussed the timing and suggested accusers should have come out earlier because he was a judge that no one cared about. I responded to that.

Back