• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Report: Kavanaugh won’t commit to recusal from Trump/Mueller related matters

It's hard to have a meaningful conversation with you, because you're so inattentive that you mostly just type garbage. Literally the first item I point out is that this isn't a meaningful issue to being a SCOTUS justice. The media is making a huge mountain out of what isn't even a molehill.

I didn't say I was ok with sexual assault. I'm saying these facts, even if proven in totality, don't matter for confirmation of a SCOTUS Justice.

Also, as wildly broad as the definition of sexual assault is, it's not even clear that she's alleging sexual assault at this point.

Wait a minute. You're saying that even if Professor Ford's accusations are proven to be true, that still shouldn't matter in whether Kavanaugh gets placed onto the Supreme Court? I just want to make sure I'm clear about what you're saying here.

Wait a minute. You're saying that even if Professor Ford's accusations are proven to be true, that still shouldn't matter in whether Kavanaugh gets placed onto the Supreme Court? I just want to make sure I'm clear about what you're saying here.

Yes. Exactlty that. Being at a party when a dude is 17 and, at worst, making a move on a sophomore, that ends up not working out, does not have bearing on SCOTUS eligibility.

Yes. Exactlty that. Being at a party when a dude is 17 and, at worst, making a move on a sophomore, that ends up not working out, does not have bearing on SCOTUS eligibility.

Trying to forcibly have sex with someone against their will is OK for someone who is supposed to be the final arbiter of right and wrong when it comes to the US system of government. That’s what you’re saying.

Here’s a crazy idea don’t nominate shitty fucking people for positions, it’s not that hard. Then you wouldn’t have to compromise morals or twist yourself in knots to defend shitty people all the time and letting that reflect on you being a shitty human too.

Kavanaugh exercising poor judgement isn’t critical to his job of being a...[checks notes]...judge?

He shoved her in a bedroom, climbed on top of her, and put his hand over her mouth.

That’s not “at worst, making a move.” That’s attempting to force a child to have sex against her will.

CNN with nothing on its website, Foxnews leading with "Storm of Accusations" story...this world is officially crazy.

You brought that issue up. Now you’re saying it’s not the issue?

Trying to forcibly have sex with someone against their will is OK for someone who is supposed to be the final arbiter of right and wrong when it comes to the US system of government. That’s what you’re saying.

A) This is not what is alleged. It's alleged that he "attempted to force himself" on her: held her down and covered her mouth. You stretching that to "forcibly have sex" is exactly what they want you to do.

B) I didn't say it was OK - I said, if the allegations are 100% factual, it isn't disqualifying.

It’s weird that someone named “Grabs Turds Bare” would hold such deplorable positions.

Kavanaugh exercising poor judgement isn’t critical to his job of being a...[checks notes]...judge?

You're an idiot.

Do ANY of your actions as a 17 year old bear on your day-to-day as a 50-something?

You guys coming in here and saying, "well, he MIGHT have made a bad decision when he was 17, looks like he completely lacks the ability to make any sort of informed decision." Like, Barca, who the fuck are you, man?

You brought that issue up. Now you’re saying it’s not the issue?

He shoved her in a bedroom, climbed on top of her, and put his hand over her mouth.

That’s not “at worst, making a move.” That’s attempting to force a child to have sex against her will.

lol, now you're Elon Musking him. Amazing.

9t6tg21ooga11.jpg

A) This is not what is alleged. It's alleged that he "attempted to force himself" on her: held her down and covered her mouth. You stretching that to "forcibly have sex" is exactly what they want you to do.

B) I didn't say it was OK - I said, if the allegations are 100% factual, it isn't disqualifying.

He tried to take her clothes off. What do you think he was intending to do?

But keep trying to minimize the actions of a fellow shitty person if that’s how you want to spend your Sunday night.

If Dr. Ford is to be believed, he also, you know, lied about it, GTB. Do you think that matters at all? Of course you don’t. It’s not in your rube nature.

He tried to take her clothes off. What do you think he was intending to do?

But keep trying to minimize the actions of a fellow shitty person if that’s how you want to spend your Sunday night.

Oh, I don't know, maybe he was just going to compliment her on her brand of underwear. <snort>

If Dr. Ford is to be believed, he also, you know, lied about it, GTB. Do you think that matters at all? Of course you don’t. It’s not in your rube nature.

Separate issue. If he lied about it, 100% disqualifies him. You can't go down that road at this point.

Hell, if the calendar that he's submitting has been falsified, again, disqualifying.

If he's a serial wife beater who regularly attends KKK rallies, disqualifying.

If he has a checklist listing every MLK street in the nation with (partially executed plans) to scream the N-bomb at the top of his lungs on each one of them, also disqualifying.

We can probably come up with a lot of hypothetical that disqualify him.

Oh, I don't know, maybe he was just going to compliment her on her brand of underwear. <snort>

She was 14, he was 17. It was alleged they were in the room. Even assuming the allegations, I don't think it's iron-clad to assume that vaginal intercourse was the end-game.

Ok, I'm done, I guess.

This is what kills me about "discourse" on this forum. You guys are so hellbent on narrative that you are incapable of having reasonable discussion. I expect it out of RJ, but I'm sad to see Ph, 07, and District fall so far.

Ok, I'm done, I guess.

This is what kills me about "discourse" on this forum. You guys are so hellbent on narrative that you are incapable of having reasonable discussion. I expect it out of RJ, but I'm sad to see Ph, 07, and District fall so far.

Grabs, you're making some pretty far out arguments here. Accusations against Kavanaugh aren't credible because they didn't come before he was confirmed as a district judge. Even if true, Kavanaugh probably wasn't trying to have sex with her, he just forced himself on her and that's totally cool.

You're broken. We get it. You're not the only Pub to struggle with how far the goalposts have moved to support your party. You don't want to support an accused rapist, but you've got to so you can own the libs. I feel sorry for you.

Back