• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Report: Kavanaugh won’t commit to recusal from Trump/Mueller related matters

She was 14, he was 17. It was alleged they were in the room. Even assuming the allegations, I don't think it's iron-clad to assume that vaginal intercourse was the end-game.

So if her allegations are proven to be true, what would be the "end game" to him forcibly taking her clothes off?

Last edited:
Yes. Exactlty that. Being at a party when a dude is 17 and, at worst, making a move on a sophomore, that ends up not working out, does not have bearing on SCOTUS eligibility.

It would have been rape, but like you and so many of your talking tough brethren, Kavanaugh apparently couldn't get it up.

No wonder you defend him so vociferously.

You're an idiot.

Do ANY of your actions as a 17 year old bear on your day-to-day as a 50-something?

You guys coming in here and saying, "well, he MIGHT have made a bad decision when he was 17, looks like he completely lacks the ability to make any sort of informed decision." Like, Barca, who the fuck are you, man?

if you're getting a lifetime appointment to a body that has only 8 other members, you better believe we need to scrutinize everything about him. and he is 53 now, he could be on the court another 30+ years.

again, it seems that he has shown a pattern of bad judgement which doesn't bode well as, you know, a judge.

It would have been rape, but like you and so many of your talking tough brethren, Kavanaugh apparently couldn't get it up.

No wonder you defend him so vociferously.

Man, you're like, troll level 10,000. You didn't even try to address the substance - straight to personal attacks. You don't know me, but I'm sure that my background aligns much more closely with the allegations of the accusers than the accused here.

if you're getting a lifetime appointment to a body that has only 8 other members, you better believe we need to scrutinize everything about him. and he is 53 now, he could be on the court another 30+ years.

again, it seems that he has shown a pattern of bad judgement which doesn't bode well as, you know, a judge.

He's had a lifetime appointment on the Court of Appeals. I don't think the number of justices is relevant to the level of scrutiny required for the position. The Federal Judiciary is a fairly elite closed system.

I don't know if you're a lawyer who practices in federal court, but one of the things we often complain about is the ivory-tower-esq nature of the position. There's a judge in my district who has been a defense attorney, and, often times, that variety of experience is very helpful. A lot (most?) federal judges have been a United States Attorney for a US District, the pedigrees for those positions aren't exactly earthy. And, again, I don't think (even if the allegations are true) that poor decisions as a teen reflect on a judge's ability at the bench (hell, they probably enhance it).

Depends on the poor decisions. Shoplifting? Sure. Attempted rape and then lying about it? No.

Man, you're like, troll level 10,000. You didn't even try to address the substance - straight to personal attacks. You don't know me, but I'm sure that my background aligns much more closely with the allegations of the accusers than the accused here.

He's had a lifetime appointment on the Court of Appeals. I don't think the number of justices is relevant to the level of scrutiny required for the position. The Federal Judiciary is a fairly elite closed system.

I don't know if you're a lawyer who practices in federal court, but one of the things we often complain about is the ivory-tower-esq nature of the position. There's a judge in my district who has been a defense attorney, and, often times, that variety of experience is very helpful. A lot (most?) federal judges have been a United States Attorney for a US District, the pedigrees for those positions aren't exactly earthy. And, again, I don't think (even if the allegations are true) that poor decisions as a teen reflect on a judge's ability at the bench (hell, they probably enhance it).

it's also fairly political system since it's filled with appointees

I know in high school all my social activities were definitely written in a calendar with meticulously detailed notes, especially the parties I didn’t want my parents to know about, those were written in red ink.

Maybe he had the foresight to think that was the last time America was great.

How many days until there’s a WashPo report that a WH source says Trump is asking privately why Kavanaugh doesnt just pay the women to not testify?

Stepping back from the minutiae of elite DC house parties in the 80s for a moment, this whole saga proves beyond an iota of a doubt that the current system of lifetime appointments to the SCOTUS is irretrievably broken and must be overhauled. I am all in on the proposal to create 18 year staggered term limits so that each president gets to make 2 appointments during his term.Furthermore the stakes of a lifetime appointment have encouraged both parties to engage in some pretty egregious behavior, but in the past 3 years the GOP has come completely off the rails to get their judges in - first, with the Garland fiasco, second, by holding their noses and voting for Trump, and now this mess. Americans are now willing to state in public that attempted rape is not disqualifying behavior for a Supreme Court justice because it is that important to them that they get that 5th lifetime seat. It's incredible, and incredibly sad and disappointing.

Yea what? Who keeps 36 year old calendars?

I keep seeing comments like these, and I'm tempted to scan in the old agendas I have from my high school days.

Part of the disconnect is that regular people just don't have a basis for understanding how elite a person/judge like Judge Kavanaugh is. He's elite in a group of elite people.

If you took 10 of the friends of your facebook friends, the majority of people who sit on the federal bench would be the smartest people that those 10 people have ever met. Federal judges are not "average" people. They are people who have absolutely slayed it in the legal and political world. Which is already an above average pool.

I don't even know what you are arguing anymore. That a Georgetown Prep, double Yale, country-club judge is not ivory-tower? And that being a potential rapist might help his judgement from the bench?

I think LGJ summed it up well:

Here’s a crazy idea don’t nominate shitty fucking people for positions, it’s not that hard. Then you wouldn’t have to compromise morals or twist yourself in knots to defend shitty people all the time and letting that reflect on you being a shitty human too.

You’re telling me that only super smart and elite high school kids kept agendas of the parties they went to? Did you, GTB?

Trumpism is like rabies. You might be able to act normal for a while but eventually the virus gets to your brain and you lose your goddamn mind. I guess it got to GTB last night.

WH correspondents are reporting seeing a car entering the grounds with a potential Kavanaugh replacement entering the West Wing - Ron Jeremy.

Back