• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Reports from basketball scrimmage??

I heard it was at least more competitive than the first half of the NC State v. Florida State football game.

@ least the visit provides Shaka an opportunity to check out the area...Just a thought, if Well Man would head to greener pastures, would Grobe since he has substantial tenure, make a good AD???

@ least the visit provides Shaka an opportunity to check out the area...Just a thought, if Well Man would head to greener pastures, would Grobe since he has substantial tenure, make a good AD???

As long as he did not get to hire Lobo as his replacement for football coach...

Then again, I'm not sure that I want someone for AD who cares more about "family" or "being a nice guy" than WINNING. I want an AD who has winning as a priority. I've had enough of Grobe's BS "personal loyalty" over "job responsibility" attitude.

Deman has a write up on the scrimmage on the scrimmage24/7 Wake site. Our guys got down by 17 but fought back. Coron did not play. A few more details I am too lazy to look up.

Deman has a write up on the scrimmage on the scrimmage24/7 Wake site. Our guys got down by 17 but fought back. Coron did not play. A few more details I am too lazy to look up.

Devin had 13 points and 20 rebounds.

Fought back to win? Fought back to get within 5 but lose by 12?

Here are Deman's two posts from his 247 kingdom:

Not a lot of details yet but VCU won the first half and we won the 2nd half. Overall they had a few more points than we did but it was very close. I will post any more details I find here when (or if) I get them.
Few more details. VCU jumped out by 17 early but we fought back and it was a 4 point game with 3 minutes left. We shot poorly on FT's (something like 9-18) and that cost us the game but not too surprising this early. Devin had around 13 pts and 19-20 rebs and Tyler had 18 with 6 and CMM had 18pts. For some reason, Caron did not play much but Madison had around 13 and Overton 8. Travis and Moto did very very little (just had bad games but they will be back IMO) and Aaron did ok, as did Andre. I don't think Andre scored but had 3-4 rebs and a couple of blocks while Aaron had around 5 pts and 6 rebs in less than 15 minutes. All these are terribly unofficial but are close for the totals and give an idea of the relative level of play from the players. This will be a good learning experience for the team as VCU likely pressed the whole game, and evidently we did not react well early, but played very well as the game went on and the players adjusted.

Our first moral victory of the year. Wellman counts moral victories at 67% of an actual victory. Casstevens told him it was ok to do that. Helps [Redacted] reach the required 18 win total for the year.

At the basketball madness thing Caron was out ahead on a break and it looked like he was setting up to dunk or something. At the top of the key it looked like to me that something funny happened with his knee. He kept playing and no one seemed concerned but he appeared to take it easy after that. I hope that it is not an injury.

if overall they have more points than us, we lose. wtf. sunshine idiocy.

Not a lot of details yet but VCU won the first half and we won the 2nd half. Overall they had a few more points than we did but it was very close. I will post any more details I find here when (or if) I get them.

looooooooolz

I wonder if there is a battle between Moto and Cav for the last starting position.

Interesting to hear that Cav played well. That would be a nice surprise moving into this year.

Back